PDA

View Full Version : After beating Diablo in DII, is there a countdown for you?

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 12:48 PM
OK, I have a question for the masses... I do not have the Diablo II expansion, (nor will I ever get it, probably. I'm not quite sure why. )

After you beat Diablo, is there a countdown of sorts that begins directly after the slaying of the monsterous Diablo? In other words, I have about 60 seconds to collect all of Diablo's Unique items, open up a town portal, combine the Wirts leg and the thingy in the Horadric Cube, and kill cow upon cow upon cow.

But I also keep hearing that there are NO COUNTDOWNS for some people! :eek: Is this a matter of different versions or something? It's very odd. ... *sniff* .. I want to kill some kows! :cry:

Saffith
10-29-2003, 01:46 PM
The countdown is how long you have before the ending plays. It'll save that you've won, so you can reload afterward to talk to people and play the cow level and such with no limit.
If there's no countdown for some people, it'd either be because they have the expansion, or because of a bug (though I'm not aware of any such bug).

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 02:02 PM
...Oh... OH! So you DON'T have to go to the cow-level DURING the countdown? :eek: ... Actually, this means that I'm better than I had originally thought. Thanks, Geepster. Quite relieving. Not bragging, just relieving.

Bloodstar64
10-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
...Oh... OH! So you DON'T have to go to the cow-level DURING the countdown?

Nope! You can do it anytime as long as you got the needed items.

Brasel
10-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Dude, get the expansion. Its well worth it. You get an extra chapter, and the thing that sold me, you can have an extra set of weapons that you can change to by pressing the W key.

That and if you ever want to play online, most people already have the expansion. Its cheap enough now that it shouldn't put much of a dent in your pocketbook.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 05:34 PM
..Put a dent in my whatnow? :odd: .. wtf...

Maybe I'll consider it. I know the assassin class would be sweet to have, but I would probably just use a cheat program anyway. :sweat: I'm in it for hoarding items and beating bosses. Games gotta meet me halfway on these things, and if it's all repetitive "click and slay" action, then why bother play it? :eyebrow: You can "click and slay" in real life. Just throw your mouse ball at someone. :p

Bloodstar64
10-29-2003, 05:38 PM
I would not bother to cheat. Many people who have been caught have been banned for life cause they cheated.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Er.. No, I'm not talking on Battle.net, or any other Online thing. (The only social online thing I do is/are forums. Ever.) I wouldn't cheat.

I would cheat for a good sword to use. I suppose the ability to hack down most people in a slice would be kinda cool. I'm a long-range kinda guy though.

.. Oh, I also found an interesting.. bug, I guess. If you have a light belt of +3 regeneration, (Maybe +2.) Your health rockets up to about 2150 or something like that, and freezes there. I'm the only one who has found this, so it must be a bug-bug, not an exploit-bug. I'll investigate further.

Bloodstar64
10-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Er.. No, I'm not talking on Battle.net, or any other Online thing. (The only social online thing I do is/are forums. Ever.) I wouldn't cheat.

YOU DON'T PLAY ON BATTLE.NET?!?! *drops dead*

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 06:06 PM
:laughing: No, I sacrifice my time on Battle.net to post with you guys. And to be honest, I'd sacrifice half of my hair to post with you guys. I'd be getting something far better than what I would be losing. (It's not like I use it for anything. :shrug:

TheGeepster
10-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Whacha thanking me for, BH4? It was Saffith that told ya that.

I do have Diablo II Expansion by the way, but I haven't gotten too far into it, and have generally lost interest for now.

I've heard, though, that you can only beat the cow level once per difficulty. Anyone able to confirm this as either true or false?

Brasel
10-29-2003, 07:24 PM
..Put a dent in my whatnow? :odd: .. wtf...

pocketbook = wallet I meant its cheap now. Its not too expensive. Dent in pocketbook meaning it shouldn't hurt the amount of cash in your wallet.

gameguy032
10-29-2003, 07:30 PM
When I played Diablo II on Battle.net without the expansion, there WAS indeed a countdown. But once I got my expansion, there wasn't one. Know why? Because you still have to go to Act 5. And no, there is no countdown after beating Baal in Act 5 either. Just bothered people too much I guess.

And the Cow Levels... If a character beats the Cow King, they cannot recreate the portal to the Secret Level. However, if another character makes the portal, you can still enter. Once a character has killed the Cow King, they cannot recreate the portal. So if you killed it and entered another player's portal, you can kill the King and the other player can keep creating more and more portals. Not much more use now since the Cows have really lost their uber-ness from 1.09.

TheGeepster
10-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks gameguy. That was indeed the rumor I wanted verified.

Alacarde
11-07-2003, 12:19 PM
Diablo 2 was a great game, but the expansion made it much better, including the extra classes and the extra item sets. But Warcraft 3 is a GREAT game, and unfortunely for Diablo 2 players, it makes many improvements i.e. in-game graphics, interaction, quests, etc. A downside of course is the lack of differences, and teh lag it can cause on a computer. And on-line, the play is awesome. The expansion also ROCKS for Warcraft 3! The cutscenes are even amazing looking! Try downloading one somewhere. (Though they're about 50 - 100 megs:(