PDA

View Full Version : Infinium Labs wants me to beta test the Phantom...

DarkPanther
10-29-2003, 08:34 AM
...but they may not have received my application properly five months ago.

We wanted to alert you that your beta application may not have been recieved properly. Before we choose the selected beta testers and announce them on November 15th via email, we wanted to give you the opportunity to go back and fill out the application. You can reach the application at www.infiniumlabs.com, goto the main page and hit the BETA TEST link on the left hand column.

Sorry for the inconvienence, we have now fixed the problem and appreciate you time.

Best Regards,

Infinium Labs Beta Test Team

I've since lost interest in their POS, and judging by that sentence I pasted in bold... seems their PR department should play a little of their own Reader Rabbit before publishing an email proclaiming their idiocy in accepting applications too ealry. Now that they've "fixed the problem" (being time I guess), there's a mere two weeks for submissions, reviews, and acceptance emails.

Anyways, sorry if this thread inconvienenced you, but thanks for you time in reading it.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Hey, that's human nature. :p They firmly believe that their product is more important than human feelings, when it's human feelings that the product will be impacting! :p Silly Humans. When will you learn! :drool:

AlexMax
10-29-2003, 10:42 AM
It's a scam. The writing is on the wall. They promised everything, yet all of the evidence appears to the contrary, all we have is a shit picture of the back of a 'prototype' machine, some 3D renderings, and only this after so much hype?

I would suspect that they might be using the Beta Test form to attempt to gague interest in the Phantom to see if people are still buying into their scam.

TheGeepster
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Don't forget the less-than-impressive Q&A event, including an actual Phantom console (conveniently not demoed at all, just there looking pretty.)

Yeah, I'd say the PR department is attempting to convince people the project is moving forward and that there will be Phantoms being sold sometime reasonably soon.