PDA

View Full Version : My 2400th post, and a small surprise

Foxx
10-29-2003, 07:22 AM
My posting here has slowed way down, but I do find things (often ZC- and Shattered Earth-related) that interest me occasionally. However, for this post I would like to display something that nobody here has ever seen. Not even the veteran oldbies who have been along for this ride for in excess of three years. And that something is . . . . . . . . . . . . . a pic of me.

Be warned, this picture is rather big. It was taken about nine months ago, in a roller skating rink at the outskirts of Palo Alto. There I stand, in support of that which is Cardinal (my God, do I look like a dork)

http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/untitledx.JPG

You can look here (http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/untitledy.JPG) if you're interested in the picture of the entire group (I am not putting it on this page because it is outrageously big). Evidently, I am the monkey-boy clad in bright red and tan on the far left.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 08:49 AM
..Dude!... IT'S FOXX! :eek: :D :laughing: Foxx Ownz. Happy 2400th post, man, and thanks for Microplex. Coolest quest around. Glad you can post here and enlighten us with your unique thought processes. Glad to have yeh 'round. :thumbsup:

Ich
10-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Congrats on your not-quite round number post!

And it's okay that you look like a dork; browse the member pages and dorks are the rule, rather than the exception.

Master Ghaleon
10-29-2003, 10:22 AM
AHHH my eyes!!!

hehe :) nah man, good pic.

TheGeepster
10-29-2003, 01:19 PM
2400 is a semi-round number, methinks.

Not bad, Foxx. Although those demon eyes scare me.. (Gotta hate red-eye, right?)

Mitsukara
10-29-2003, 03:03 PM
You're pretty!!! Okay, not really, but really, you don't look bad in that picture. The clothes look kinda odd (they look way too big on you) but with the right ones, you'd look fine. Although I must admit your expression also looks a little creepy, like you're about to kill us, or something... maybe that's because I have a fear of red eyes (and, thus, the redeye effect in photographs... heck, maybe it comes from that, even, having seen some photographs like that when I was younger...), though.

Anyway, nice to see you... I haven't looked in on ZC or Shattered Earth since milk was invented, so I haven't seen you post much in several months... so, uh, hi, I guess...

Prrkitty
10-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Nice post count... and yer CUTE!!! Nice smile :) Although you look a bit bewildered... care to tell us why? ;)

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 06:04 PM
Not bad, Foxx. Although those demon eyes scare me.. (Gotta hate red-eye, right?) That's what I'm doing for Halloween. ;) :sly: Foxx, keep up the good work. :thumbsup: (And by work, I mean demonish red-eye. ;) )

Rainman
10-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Nice to see the Asian demographic is well represented at Stanford.

Anyways, nice pic. ;)

Bloodstar64
10-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Ahh Nice pic Fox, Congrats on 2400. BTW we are all dorks

*Evil Laugh*

Drunken Tiger
10-30-2003, 02:16 AM
DUDE!! Those eyes are HUGE!!! lol

Nice pic Foxx, and congrats on the 2.4k!!

Foxx
10-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Thanks everyone. I didn't think it (or Microplex) would be so appreciated. Ah, the curious powers of a sig logo....

As for the redeye, I had in fact doctored the eyes (in both pics) so they looked like my real, natural brown. In the original picture my eyes glowed so ridiculously bright red that you would swear I was a vampire. Hmmm, maybe on Halloween I can upload that version for the entertainment of the general public. It is something to think about. :spin:

inori
10-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Oh, if only I still had Photoshop... we'd see Foxx wearing a Berkeley shirt. :sb: Lucky for him, I left it at home.

Foxx
10-31-2003, 06:21 AM
Okay, here is the Halloween Special (image size reduced because it only looks decent in a bitmap):

http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/untitledz.bmp

As for you Cal boy, you had better watch what kind of karma you draw to yourself, because Big Game is coming up in three weeks, and you never know what will happen in a rivalry. Your team just might get smacked down! :evil:

inori
10-31-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Foxx
Okay, here is the Halloween Special (image size reduced because it only looks decent in a bitmap):

http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/untitledz.bmp

As for you Cal boy, you had better watch what kind of karma you draw to yourself, because Big Game is coming up in three weeks, and you never know what will happen in a rivalry. Your team just might get smacked down! :evil:

True. However, the team I really care about this season is Kansas City, and nobody's smacked them down yet. :kawaii:

Foxx
10-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Indeed. Eh, I actually think Cal has good, realistic chances of getting to a bowl game this season. I think you can take one home Saturday (tomorrow) from ASU since they don't look that great this year on either side of the ball. Then you only need one out of two from Oregon and Washington (both have shown that they can come out very unimpressive) and as for the Big Game at Stanford, it's true that it's a rivalry game but our coach seems to be in over his head in the Pac-10 and out of his league. Of course, if it doesn't fall into place, you've got the rock-solid pro team to fall back on. :summoner: