PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in a Fantasy quest?

ShadowTiger
10-28-2003, 08:37 AM
After Blade of Ages is finished, I will undergo a new project. I will attempt to create a Fantasy style quest. I am taking ideas for it now, so I can work with it in the future (like in school or something. :p ) So does anyone have any ideas? At this stage in the game, I can probably actually do just about anything you guys recommend. Name anything at all! ^_^

Oh, and last night, I managed to assemble a cool sfx.dat for Flight games. I'm going to use it in WCTF. It makes the most amazing different. It totally changes your perspective from blasting mere octorocks in a star field. It's amazing. But it's also 3.5 MB, and I'm not finished with it. I'll keep you guys updated. BTW, my current avatar is from WCTF. Just you guys wait 'till you see the action this baby is involved. .. Yay.

DarkFlameWolf
10-28-2003, 12:25 PM
STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finish your other unfinished quests besides Blade of Ages. Finish what you start! :whap:

Mr. Z
10-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Don't plan forward when there is still more than 1 questyou're going to finish.
It ruins your life, you could even become like me! :bouncy:

(When you finish any graphics of that fantasy quest, show them ):naughty:

ShadowTiger
10-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Silly Humans. :blah: :kawaii: I'm not going to start anything I can't finish. :) I'm just going to start things that I will care more and more about, until I find something that I will devote the majority of my (Questing / Creating) time to in order to create. And I DO have a life, (...School, actually.) so that will undoubtedly contribute to any delays or periods of utter stupidity I will undoubtedly encounter.

Dudes... WTheck! Answer the thread objective already! :laughing:

EDIT: But with all seriousness people, you've gotta see the new Wing Commander SFX.dat. It works SO WELL with the stuff I've got in WCTF. I'll try to find a place to put it. It's 3.5 MB so far. I'll "finish" it eventually.

.. Can someone point out to me a place to get small .wav files for the grabber? Thank you! :kawaii:

CJC
10-28-2003, 09:41 PM
A fantasy game, huh? Hmm....

What kind of fantasy are you talking about? Midievil? Futuristic? Parody of Today? Whitewolf? I can't think of anything good unless I have a general topic...

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Heh heh... This is where it CAN get cool, if you'de help me.

I was planning on the main character being Xanthia from the game Legend of Kyrandia II. She's a really perky, active person with flowing blonde hair and a cool blue misty robe. :ooh: She would just as soon slap an ogre than give him candy to get him out the way. I also have all the LoKII midis, so never-fear about that.

There will be fairies, dragons, ogres, and many other fantasy creatures. (And don't worry about it not getting done, as I can finally truly draw. ;) ) There will be a conflict at the end of the world where the gears of the world are malfunctioning, and Xanthia must repair them somehow. It'll be very interesting to see.

And I'm happy to say, that the midis will be boosting the quality of the quest. They fit really well with the motif.

Ian
10-29-2003, 05:15 PM
I'd like to see:
Dragons. Lots and lots of dragons.

Funny stuff. I always like games/quests when their creators have a sence of humor.

Comeos. This is optional, but having an odd cameo is always a plus.

Cool cutscenes. Always a plus.

Variety of weapons. Though, ZC is limited sometimes, just make the weapons vary a bit.

Special effects. You can't always do a lot of stuff, but have special efefcts when you can.

Interesting enemies. Make them new and exciting, and not dull. Be original too.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 05:31 PM
OMG IAN'S IN MY HEAD!!!! :cry:

Actually, I'm going to do ALL of those things. ... As for the humor.. you've never played the Legend of Kyrandia series, have you. TT, It's funny as heck. It can even have one of those "Bad guy and Good guy get together for tea and discuss pointless things" type of cinematics. It's all possible nowadays. I'm sure I can cook something up. ;)

But I'll need help with the weapons, that's for sure. Perhaps I can have her throw vials (She's a sarcastic, snappy, Half-Hippy Magic alchemist, essentially.) at people, or I can give her a snake to attack people with. *sigh* so many possibilities. :rolleyes:

Ian
10-30-2003, 11:43 AM
OMG, I GOTTA GET OUT OF BH4'S HEAD!!!! :cry:

As for weapons (if only this was a futuristic quest =| I could come up with loads), how about:
Boomerang- Axe (C made an awsome axe b-rang a while back)
Sword- Claws (If you've play Diablo 2, you'd know what I mean. If not, then have claws like wolverine, except they'd be conected to a peice of wood which you hold in your hand, instead of them being a part of you)
Wand- Palm buster (sort of a magic thing. It's just a glove that shoots beams from the palm of it)
Hammer- Mace (self-explanitory)

that's all I've got for now.

ShadowTiger
10-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Ian.. Everything you just said will be in the quest. God, I hope I can find this thread in about a year... (maybe 6 months. :shrug: )

Where can I find the Axe-Brang? I probably won't use IT, but something SIMILAR to it. I don't like to rip and use other's sprites. I will draw them myself, into seriously shaded axes.

Of course, I'll have to have Xanthia "heave" the axe above her head, and with a comic humor, have her "tap" it down with her standard sword attack pose. That would be interesting to see. ;)

And since she makes her own potions, 'cause she's an alchemist, whenever she reaches a "rest stop," which can even be in a volcano or outer space, based on the nature of the surrealistic game, the potion-making will be absolutely free. ;) (Joy for you.) .. Not that there'll be much combat anyway. If most of the denizens of the land are trying to help you, there won't be much to attack.

More to come. :D And thank you Ian VERY much for your help.

Petoe
11-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Heh. Ian really is helpful for everyone. :)

Well anyway, I wish you luck with your fantasy quest, and actually I will make a same kind of quest too after I've completed the MM quest. Hmm... maybe we could... nah, never mind. :rolleyes:

Oh, and don't forget to finish your quests! :blah:

Ian
11-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4 Where can I find the Axe-Brang? I probably won't use IT, but something SIMILAR to it. I don't like to rip and use other's sprites. I will draw them myself, into seriously shaded axes.

Go into Petoe's breifcase, and get my GD Tiles. The axe should be on th far right (it's red) If you see anything in there that you want, go ahead and take it.

ShadowTiger
11-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Funky. :odd: The Red Axe above the little laughing raccoon, which is to the left of the blue rotating HC, which is under the lightsabers in the upper left corner? Those red axes? .. They were created by C-Dawg? :odd: .. Nice. :thumbsup: Go C! I guess I'll do something like that.

I wonder if I can make Xanthia do a little "Fake-out" attack. Interesting.
Thanks for the tiles, Ian / C. ;)