PDA

View Full Version : Random money from parents = VIDEO GAMES!!

Brasel
10-28-2003, 05:06 AM
My mom gave me 80 bucks for shoes...which is way too much. So I bought some 30 dollar shoes (Dr. Scholes, I'm gellin') and tried to give her money back. She told me to take it. I threatened to blow it, and she didn't take it back anyway...so I did.

Also, my dad wanted to pay me back for groceries. I only spent 40 bucks last time (almost 2 weeks ago, if not, more) I went grocery shopping, and he gave me 150 bucks! WTF? And, just to spite my dad's intention, I blew it.

ultra comfortable running shoes: $30
GBA:SP 3-game changer: $10
GBA to GCN cable: $10
Copy of Star Wars: Rouge Squadron 2: $20
Arby's Sandwich: $5
Rental of Rouge Squadron 3 and TMNT: $12
Amount Left: $143
Knowing I gyped my dad out of his money: Priceless

Ganonator
10-28-2003, 05:17 AM
my roommate does that with the money he gets from his parents.

when he gets rent+250, he'll go without a decent meal for weeks just to buy the latest game from GameStop. Kinda sad really. While I'm enjoying things like milk and eggs, he's eating bread and playing Viewtiful Joe.

Just don't make a habbit out of it, k?

Brasel
10-28-2003, 05:30 AM
Oh, I have a job. And I make decent money, so its not like I'll go broke. I actually will be able to do a big grocery shopping tomorrow with whats left. I still have a good amount in my checking as well, so don't think I'm blowing ALL of it...just the portion that I'm able to. :)

inori
10-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Suddenly coming into extra cash is always a good thing...

* inori remembers his plans to blow some extra cash on a GBA and Sword of Mana

Master Ghaleon
10-28-2003, 10:16 AM
This reminds me of a time that my aunt gave me like 175 dollars to get ice skates and a goalie stick since I was going to play Ice Hockey. Well it turned out that I didnt play and used that money on about 4 games and got some food. When I got home with my friends mom asked me what happened to the Hockey stuff. I just told her I didnt wanna play hockey and decided to use the money for games :)

Kirby of Doom
10-28-2003, 11:31 AM
So, you bought RS2 and rented RS3? ;)
I really need to get a job. :D

Michael Moore
10-28-2003, 11:42 AM
I may be getting a job soon, so I might be spending alot of money for once. :mischief:

Link 101
10-28-2003, 07:23 PM
I need to get a job. I am going to be 15 so I should be able to get some sort of job. I need moola to buy games such as Viewtiful Joe and Sword of Mana.

Rafnul
10-28-2003, 10:41 PM
My parents don't ever give me money... for anything. Even if they give me cash its not a gift, its a "loan". It's not really a loan at all... they just take it out of my little virtual savings account they set up. Which, by the way, has a balance of about -$980. And thats UP from -$1200.

A job rules. Don't wreck someone elses car like I did. I'm not turning it into insurance... that would end up being very stupid. But starting a job with $1000 of debt and car insurance costing $125 a month, plus $25 a month renting from my sister... yeah thats not very much money when you look at it.

But, take advantage of any money the give you... that rocks anthony.

*b*
10-28-2003, 11:02 PM
I get allowance and $10 for mowing my back lawn (which is rare during winter). right now I've got just over $100 saved up, and i buy games sparingly. I also buy them with my brother, which cuts the cost in half for me, so that helps saving

but, $150 for shopping? that's just too cool :p