PDA

View Full Version : GameFAQs' N-Gage Poll

gameguy032
10-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Heading over to GameFAQs for a few codes on the new game I rented, I stopped immediately and laughed at the poll they have up.

"With a sale price of $199, are you considering getting an N-Gage now?"

At the time of my "No, I'm still not interested" vote, 433 people had said they already have one. That was .75% of all the votes. And another 539 are going to be suckered into it. A whopping 76.09% are still not interested. That's 43685 votes.

Check it out sometime. Great laughs.

cyberkiller6276
10-26-2003, 01:04 PM
LMAO. Those stats are really, really funny.

The N-gage, is crap. Don't buy it. (if anybody didn't know that yet)

Gerudo
10-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
The N-gage, is crap. Don't buy it. (if anybody didn't know that yet) just wondering... actually a question for all of you NGAGE haters...

have you actually toyed with an NGAGE?

about the only one ive seen say that they HAVE is AlexMax... i have messed with one too, and it is a little awkward, but with all the stuff thats built in, id hafta say it sounds like a good deal, but im still not shelling out 200 bucks for a phone/mp3/game combo... yet...

i messed with one, so its legit if i say it sucks, pretty much the rest of you are going on here-say or 'it looks' statements....

:reading:

gameguy032
10-26-2003, 04:09 PM
I only said that I "wasn't interested." True, I've never played it, but from the things I've been seeing about it, I can say I'm not interested. Never said it was a waste of technology. The idea itself is good, just done poorly in my opinion.

I just figured that with the large following of people that have a dislike for the N-Gage, there'd be a a reason to post the current poll results. And like I said about it, it provides "great laughs" to see that something has, in such a short time, dropped $100 from its price and the ones that weren't interested are still a very large majority.

EWild
10-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Gerudo

i messed with one, so its legit if i say it sucks, pretty much the rest of you are going on here-say or 'it looks' statements....

:reading: [/B]

It looks bad, it sounds bad, and it tastes bad. So why waste valuble time playing a N-Gage?

:rolleyes:

Dracula
10-26-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Gerudo

The other day at lunch, I actually got to play SonicN for a while... That was a waste, and then I wanted to try out Tomb Raider, so I got my hands free to rip the thing in half and take the battery out to put in Tomb Raider... Wow, never would I have thought that 12-bit 3D gaming would have sucked THAT much... I'll live with 2D on a handheld, kthx Nokia...

MottZilla
10-26-2003, 05:50 PM
N-Gage doesn't suck. It's just not hte best option. Afterall, when you could pickup BOTH a GC and a GBA SP for that price, which would you get? Or hell, pickup an Xbox or PS2 for that price...

Maverick_Zero
10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I might get one, I'm just one shelling out 200 bucks right now. I'm looking at some of the downloadable java games, they've got King of Fighters. If I ever need a phone, that plays decent games, I may get it, like a year, if they're still making em' and if Nokia is still around.

Dart Zaidyer
10-27-2003, 12:46 AM
You know what? The N-Gage is a nice idea, but so badly executed it makes you want to scream.

TheGeepster
10-27-2003, 04:14 AM
I've never hated on the N-Gage (well, much anyways). I've only listened and heard overwhelmingly bad reviews of it. Hey, if it does well, so much the better. It'll mean Nintendo may have to try even harder on their advanced system.

But I have no need for an N-Gage (especially not for $200) and haven't yet heard of a good reason for obtaining one.

Warlock
10-27-2003, 05:18 AM
I would give N-Gage the benefit of the doubt if it didn't have some real major flaws.. I mean, the whole taking out the battery issue to change games is unacceptable. That's my biggest complaint. Aside from that, the phone part apparently is annoying (holding it on its side). Supposively the game disks are tiny and easy to loose (esp. for something that is supposed to also be a cel phone), although that's not as big a deal. The screen size seems like an odd choice to me though. I mean, why make your screen longer vertically? From what I've seen, sidescrollers seem almost ruined by this because you can't see what's in front of you. It just seems more rare that you'd need to see things above you than in front/to the side of you in a game. Heh, maybe if someone were to make a Pinball game for this thing, then the screen ratio would be a good fit :D Otherwise, considering most of their games are ports of PS1 games, why not just go pick up a PS1 for probably $50 at this point? Heck, even if you want to argue mobility, pretty much every system out there these days has a mobile screen that you can purchase. They are usually expensive (I think the GC one was $100) but for the price of an N-Gage, you could get that and a GC and bam, you got yourself a mobile 3d game machine :D haha.. plus the GC has that nice handle so it's not too much of a pain to carry around.

Link 101
10-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Jesus, $200 for that? I could buy another GC and games for it for that price! I could buy a whole bunch of stuff I WANT for 200 bucks. That is crazy.

TheGeepster
10-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Actually, what I found out was that the $199 N-Gage deal is for a limited time. Then it returns back to its regular $299.

Someone correct me if I heard this wrong.

And that screen is a bit smallish..

AlexMax
10-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I would give the N-Gage the benefit of the doubt if Nokia hadn't acted like total cocksmokes when marketing the damned thing.

Honestly, I wanted to hit their PR guy a few times.

Dracula
10-29-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Actually, what I found out was that the $199 N-Gage deal is for a limited time. Then it returns back to its regular $299.

Someone correct me if I heard this wrong.

Ya, Nokia says they're doin' it for a limited time only, but I'm sure they're just saying it just to get more people to buy it in a hurry...

Link 101
10-29-2003, 06:19 PM
Yeah, probably. Almost all gaming companies do that once in a while. I can't believe that it is 300 bucks regular price, that just sickens me.

Slider Zero
10-29-2003, 07:18 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man...and Nokia thought that they had something....suckers.
When will they learn that the gaming community can no longer be screwed around with anymore?