PDA

View Full Version : Using the items in ZC that weren't in Zelda 1?

Banedon
10-26-2003, 11:57 AM
This is probably a noobish question but...

When I try to put in an item that wasn't in the original Zelda 1 (such as a heart container piece), it appears as a hodgepodge of graphics, and I can't see it on the subscreen...Any way to fix that?

Praethus
10-26-2003, 01:50 PM
You have to set the sprites for the new items. It's under the Sprites menu. Also to get them to appear in the subscreen you have to set it to use the new subscreen.

Linkafier
10-26-2003, 02:29 PM
In other words. Hit Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Items/or Weapons/Misc->Choose the item you want to change->Click on the old picture of the item, and then search for the tile that you want to place as that item.-> Click the new tile and hit enter.

After that, just go to Quest->Rules->Then check the new subscreen rule.

idontknow
10-26-2003, 03:13 PM
...but if you're using beta 182, instead of going to "Quest Rules" and then checking the new subscreen rule, you must go to Quest->Init Data & then, using the arrow buttons on the top left & right, you must go to pg 8 of the initial data menu & then find the drop down menu called "Subscreen Type:" and then select either original, new, or revision 2 subsreen. (The new one has 3 rows of 4 items, the last row includes things like superbombs, hammer, hookshot, etc. The revision 2 type has 4 rows of 5 items each, where the 5th item in the first 3 rows are the magic spell items (such as Din's Fire (the only one that works), nayru's love, & farore's wind) and the last row of the subscreen does not have any items in it for right now--also, the revision 2 subscreen type shows the boss key for each dungeon when obtained)

Banedon
10-26-2003, 04:11 PM
OK, I found out how to change the sprites, but I can't find the pictures to change them to...

lord_jamitossi
10-26-2003, 04:16 PM
either you have to make them still, or they're on some of the other pages. use pg.up and pg.dw to scroll through the tile pages. good luck!