PDA

View Full Version : HUGE problem.

Brasel
10-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Look at this...

http://tony.gerudo.net/untitled.GIF

I was just browsing Mega Man fan pages when this happened. A bunch of fucking popups and this is forced onto my browser. I fucking HATE these kind of sites. The page it leads me to is just one popup itslef. All it has is an advertisement and nothing else, no contact info, nothing.

How do I fix this? I've already tried all my spyware killer type programs and stuff, and nothing seems to be able to fix it! I don't want this crap as my homepage!!

*edit* Fixed the problem. System restore is my new best friend. :) I downloaded a program, and it fixed my problem, and then deleted a bunch of my important files! What a shitty way to go...but lucky for me, my last system checkpoint was at 2 this morning, so I got everything fixed. Thanks anyway...

But as a warning to everyone, if you see this site, beware.

linkofzelda1
10-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Your pic doesn't work, but I'm glad you got it working man.

Gerudo
10-26-2003, 03:46 PM
like i told you before, if you dont want popups, get the google toolbar, its just a small addon...

alternatively, get another browser, like Opera, that does the same thing as well...

but i found the google toolbar very useful preventing popups, and its also a smaller download than a browser
(thanks for the tip, WL :thumbsup: )

obi
10-26-2003, 03:59 PM
to get tony's pic to work , try this instead -
http://www.gerudo.net/users/tony/untitled.GIF

thats sucks, but glad you got it fixed!

Gerudo
10-26-2003, 04:08 PM
there must be something wrong with you guys, because the first link works for me...

hmm

Ich
10-26-2003, 05:14 PM
Ah, a browser Hijack. Ad-Aware or Spybot can help take care of them.

Brasel
10-27-2003, 12:51 AM
Actually, my Spybot didn't help in this case. And I DID download the google bar just because I don't particularly like Opera or Mozilla...I just can't stand another toolbar on my um...toolbar. But I'm getting used to it.

Bloodstar64
10-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Anthony
Actually, my Spybot didn't help in this case.

Anime Lyrics seems to be doing this as well. You get 4 or 5 popups and they change your homepage. (I got that homepage as well, poped up asking me if I was ready to have sex :rolleyes: )