PDA

View Full Version : Powdered Blood: The New Wave of Blood Transfusions?

Foxy
10-25-2003, 02:08 PM
I don't know if any of you have heard about this, but supposedly they've just recently been able to make powdered blood. When mixed with liquid it can be transfused into patients no matter what blood type they have. It's supposed to be safer than normal blood transfusions, and can also be made from any mammal blood...cows, birds, etc...although they say they'll only use human blood for "ethical reasons".

What do you think? (http://www.nationalpost.com/home/story.html?id=5104C6CE-D700-434C-B654-6404EC491E12)

Tudorcat
10-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Well it was invented by Swedes so of course its going to work and help a lot of people. ;)

Seriously we have exellent hospitals n stuff here so I wasnt that amazed as I heard about it on the radio a few days ago, but it sure sounds like a great invention.

Also to me it woudnt matter if it came from another mammal, I mean we already use a lot of " spare parts" from pigs and as long as its keeps you alive you shouldnt complain, right?

:kitty:

Goat
10-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Yes, apparently sweden does rock. From what the movies tell me teh bitches are hot, and also i love teh fish. Swedish fish = <3

Thsi actually sounds really cool. But I am sceptical. Given my natural distrust for the medical profession and my hate for powdered substances. I think this = disaster

Lilith
10-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Insert vampire joke about freeze-dried blood here.

TheGeepster
10-25-2003, 05:21 PM
Aint science grand?

I marvel at the things we can do nowadays which weren't even conceivable mere decades ago..

We just need to cure human nature now, right?

Blonde799
10-25-2003, 06:27 PM
That's something that can never be diagnosed.:laughing:

Dracula
10-25-2003, 07:04 PM
...it sounds like something they'd give me if I ever became an astronaut...
Those other guys can have all the Tang they want, I can just settle with... oh, wait! :naughty:

Master Ghaleon
10-25-2003, 07:09 PM
Well if it works Im all for it, just dont get the powdered blood mixed with the strawberry nesquik :)

linkofzelda1
10-25-2003, 11:47 PM
I think this is an awesome advancement. I'll have to tell my dad; he's a doctor. This could save a lot of lives.