PDA

View Full Version : The Happiest Fish In The World

Pablo
10-25-2003, 02:06 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/984141.asp

This is possibly one of the strangest articles I've ever read.

Master Ghaleon
10-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Man, I wanna be swimming in that water :)

cyberkiller6276
10-25-2003, 03:20 PM
What could be more peaceful, more restful or more relaxing than dropping a line into a quiet Texas lake and trying to hook a fish that is on Prozac?ROTFLMFAO!
This is possibly the [/b]funniest[b] articles I have ever read!

TheGeepster
10-25-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm surprised nobody's asked what effects this might have on people who eat the affected fish.

Granted, the levels of the active ingredient are low, but there may be a possibility of some side effects in this case.

Pablo
10-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I'm surprised nobody's asked what effects this might have on people who eat the affected fish.

Granted, the levels of the active ingredient are low, but there may be a possibility of some side effects in this case.

A decrease in business for the resident psychiatrists, perhaps? A downturn in crime and divorces? I don't see what negative side effects a dosage of Prozac could have, except (of course) allergic reactions.

BebyGoku
10-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Plus instead of people having to find a dealer to get it from, just catch a fish and fry it up.

Mia
10-26-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by BebyGoku
Plus instead of people having to find a dealer to get it from, just catch a fish and fry it up.

Prozac is generally acquired from a pharmacist, not "a dealer"... Anyway, this was an interesting (if amusing) article. It's perfectly reasonable to wonder what the long-term results of frequent exposure to antidepressant chemicals could be on the population, especially with the wide variety of side effects they're known for having.

TheGeepster
10-26-2003, 02:01 AM
That was sort of my reasoning Mia. Anti-depressants, like any medication, are likely to have some negative side effects on at least a few people.

I understand that the amount found in the fish is below normal therapeutic doses, but given enough time, mightn't there be some effect on people who eat the effected fish often?