PDA

View Full Version : World's Most Fearsome Fighting Team

gameguy032
10-24-2003, 09:43 PM
I just rented the new Ninja Turtles game today... I'm really surprised.

For those that have played the older versions on the NES, this will really bring back the memories. Going through the side-scrolling levels, finding the occasional pizza, fighting the Foot... I love those memories. Alas, the NES has lost some of its luster, but with the new TV series comes a new line of toys and, of course, a new game.

Konami really did justice to the newer Turtle style. The comic book style colouring that made its appearance in the series made a great transition to the game. And the cutscenes from the series itself really add just that final touch. The visual sound effects when fighting the enemies (think the original Batman series) brings the comedy out of this more serious Turtles series. The long levels do get a little tedious after a while, but that's because I'm still playing solo. Maybe with a friend, it'd be better. The only real flaw so far is that it had to be limited to two players as opposed to the four that it should have been.

I've always been a huge Turtle fan, so I felt I had to say something about this game. It's got me off of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for a while. And that's saying something. I'm just glad that an old series has made a come-back, even though it's so far from the original, but yet so close.

vegeta1215
10-24-2003, 11:49 PM
I loved the old TMNT games. The Turtles in Time for SNES was one of my favorites since it reminded me so much of the arcade game. I read about this one, and it sounds like the arcade game. The cell shading looks cool, but I'm not too keen on the new look of the Turtles, it's just not the same.

I may rent it and check it out.

Brasel
10-25-2003, 01:46 AM
Good, I just need to hear some more good reviews so I can buy it. :) TMNT kicks ass. Glad to hear you liked it, if not for my sake. ;)