PDA

View Full Version : N-Gage IS A WORLDWIDE SUCCESS!!!!

AlexMax
10-24-2003, 10:51 AM
At least, if you beleive the bullshit that Nokia is trying to tell you. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031022/tc_nm/tech_nokia_games_dc_1)

Let's look carefully at these claims...

"We've sold around 400,000 N-Gage in the first two weeks," Ilkka Raiskinen, senior vice president entertainment and media at Nokia Mobile Phones, told Reuters in a telephone interview.

The number refers to models Nokia has sold to shops and other retail outlets since the launch on October 7. Raiskinen said sales to consumers were "very good in Europe and Asia Pacific" and added he had already received follow-up orders.

In other words, they sold 400,000 units to retailers. How many were sold by retailers themselves is anyone's guess. Oh wait, I think I know...almost nothing.

Every gaming store I've been to...especially EB...has been desporately trying to shove this thing in my face. I actually attempted to play one, but the backlight hurt my eyes and the screen was too small. For Nokia trying to pass off this thing as a success must be a friggin joke.

Petoe
10-24-2003, 11:22 AM
People at Nokia are... pathetic! It's sad to claim they have sold 400,000 when almost everyone knows that's crap, pure crap! Does Nokia really think that N-Gage has a chance to survive anymore... They're so sad people that they just might. Even people here in Finland hates N-Gage. :shakeno:

Master Ghaleon
10-24-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes the N-Gage sucks, dont waste your money on this POS

Michael Moore
10-24-2003, 12:14 PM
I like the name, but I don't like handhelds to begin with, so I wouldn't buy it. Plus, I don't trust them, they could go out at anytime, wouldn't be a wise investment. Though people said that about the Xbox.

gameguy032
10-24-2003, 12:15 PM
The only good things I've seen come from the N-Gage are the commercials with the double meanings. But after you've seen them once and know what they're advertising, they're not that great anymore. Just another commercial stopping my late-night TV viewing.

Kirby of Doom
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
I don't know the numbers but I'm sure Nintendo sold a lot more Gameboys in their first few weeks.

TheGeepster
10-24-2003, 04:59 PM
I was at a Game-Stop when a couple of boys spotted the N-Gage ad on the window. They thought it was some sort of gameboy or Nintendo. So apparently N-Gage isn't a big name yet, even if it's listed on the main page of gamefaqs.com..

Will it do well? I don't know. Maybe it'll take off, but it doesn't look too good at the moment. What games come on N-Gage anyways?

Monica
10-24-2003, 05:19 PM
Hehe, I'm not surprised either. I'm legally blind and can barely see handhelds so I'm not even tempted to buy one. (I can't see GBA either though, but thank goodness for Emulation.) But the N-Gage looks like crud anyway. Check my sig for a quote from someone on another MB in a topic very similar to this. :)

Crazy_Link
10-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
What games come on N-Gage anyways?

Check www.gamestop.com

E.g. Tombraider, Sonic-N, ect

Pablo
10-24-2003, 11:57 PM
I so saw this coming.

As did most of the U.S...except Nokia, unfortunately enough.

Dart Zaidyer
10-25-2003, 12:18 AM
This is a crapfest-coverup big enough to rival the marketing campaigns for Tomb Raider: The Movie 2 and every single straight-to-video Disney sequel that ever existed.

TheGeepster
10-25-2003, 04:17 PM
At least the N-Gage is faring better in the polls than the Phantom..

One guy I talked to believed that the PSP (Playstation Portable) would probably dominate the handheld market once it comes out. I don't think the Gameboy will be going away anytime soon, although the PSP will very likely give it a run for its money.

Never really much liked Tomb Raider anyways. I might check it out, but the reviews heretofore of the portable unit seem to be very negative.

Maverick_Zero
10-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Damn, and I pre-orded one, bought it, and it sucks. j/k

Maybe, Infinium and Nokia will team up, sell some cords to hook up the n-gage and the phantom, so that the two assholes that buy both so they can, I dunno, play two really shitty systems at once?

Cloral
10-25-2003, 08:32 PM
N-Gage is a worldwide success...

Which is why they just dropped the price $100 right?

http://ngage.ign.com/articles/455/455878p1.html

That article says they're going to drop the price, although I could've sworn I saw somewhere else (maybe on an ad) that the price drop has already occured.

Warlock
10-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Cloral
That article says they're going to drop the price, although I could've sworn I saw somewhere else (maybe on an ad) that the price drop has already occured.

I was just at GameStop today and they had a big markerboard sign saying that the N-Gage was now $199 for "a limited time only" or something. I thought it was a GameStop attempt to friggin' sell the systems, but maybe this is Nokia's doing ;0 Either way, the thing is still a POS and a ripoff ;)

Dracula
10-25-2003, 10:54 PM
I think the only price-drop that would save Nokia's ass would be if people stood on the streets throwing N-gage units at oncoming traffic and pedestrians. :)

Linkafier
10-25-2003, 10:56 PM
I see they think they can compete with GBA. Nice try you Nokia losers. :laughing:

linkofzelda1
10-25-2003, 11:58 PM
I played my friend's once. It is the worst thing I have ever played. The screen was too small, the buttons suck, the backlight was broken on his, and I had a headache within minutes.

Not to mention the fact that the games are all button-mashing retard-safe games.

Warlock
10-26-2003, 05:27 PM
It would be one thing if Nokia actually tried.. but seriously.. having to take the batteries out to change games? Having to hold the phone on it's SIDE to use it? WTF were they thinking?