PDA

View Full Version : Remember Conquest of the Crystal Palace for the NES?

ShadowTiger
10-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Set your eyes on Stunned. :cool:

Conquest Of The Crystal Palace (http://www.gamingworldx.com/features/GNPConquestoftheCrystalPalaceNES.shtml).

Remember this game? This game brought hours of enjoyment and a feeling of overall warmth and love. :drool: Thanks to Alexmax for the thread to .. that game remembery site. They finally E-Mailed me back.

Apparently, this game is "hard to find." I brushed off my old NES, and actually found it in Funcoland. (I was shocked.) I purchased it for twenty two cents, and left hopping and skipping.

When I played it, I was blown away by NES style graphics, and some super-kick@$$ memories. I missed you, COCP. :D

vegeta1215
10-24-2003, 12:42 PM
OMG! I remember that game! I don't remember much about it, but I remember that second picture on the page! Very cool.

They should add Survival Kids for GBC to that list. Nintendo had a small guide for it in NP and it immediatly interested me. The games story is pretty much this: you get washed up on a deserted island after a storm and you have to survive and find a way off the island. It's kind of an RPG/Adventure game plus you have to eat, drink and sleep to stay alive. Great game. Plus there are 8 endings, so it has alot of replay value. I wrote a review for it along time ago when we had game reviews on the AGN main page.

MANDRAG GANON
10-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Thats what its called? I have that game only its in Japanese lol. That game rules. I haven't played it in a long time though...I want to play it again now.

linkofzelda1
10-26-2003, 12:01 AM
I used to have it. I thought it was boring...maybe that's just me though. ;)

Pablo
10-26-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
They should add Survival Kids for GBC to that list.
Talk about a blast from the past...I remember reading NP's guide to that game. Was it any good? The premise seemed original and the gameplay sounded like fun, but I can't rembember how Power rated it. Of course, it was probably rated really high since that magazine was really geared toward selling more Nintendo games :)

vegeta1215
10-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
Talk about a blast from the past...I remember reading NP's guide to that game. Was it any good? The premise seemed original and the gameplay sounded like fun, but I can't rembember how Power rated it. Of course, it was probably rated really high since that magazine was really geared toward selling more Nintendo games :)

It is a gem of a game. Even when it came out it was hard to find. I have played through it and gotten 7 of the 8 endings, and will probably pick it up in the near future. Its a mix of genres, resulting in a very original game.

The only thing about the game is it is creepy sometimes, cause you're on this island all alone, and as you explore new places, you're character sometimes talks and say, "Wow, this island really is deserted".

I'd tell you more, but I don't to spoil anything for you.