PDA

View Full Version : Games were never meant to be on CDs.

AtmaWeapon
10-23-2003, 11:23 PM
ARGHH!!! I'm on Disc 3 of FFIX, and there is an important story element that the game ALWAYS freezes at. The screen fades as the game starts to load the next part, and that's it. The end. The CD has NO smudges or anything on it. This really pisses me off. I cleaned the lens, cleaned the CD, and even yelled at it.

MottZilla
10-24-2003, 12:04 AM
Your disc was defective. You need to return it and get another copy. :O It happens.

ROM chips are nice and all, but have you seen any 8 GigaBit romchips? ;p

Discs are the only way to go.

stormwatcheagle
10-24-2003, 12:25 AM
Aww, that sucks. What part is it?

linkofzelda1
10-24-2003, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry man. That would piss the hell out of me.

And you say yelling at it didn't work? Did you use my jiggle teqnique? Heh, that's a gay commercial.

AtmaWeapon
10-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Replacing won't be easy; it was a buy on eBay. Like I said, visually the disc is perfect.

Pablo
10-24-2003, 12:57 AM
You know, I had problems with IX as well. When I swapped discs, it refused to recognize my save files...argh.

Maybe it was my PS2, and it may very well be your system. Try downloading a PS1 emulator and playing it on your computer. If that doesn't work, then it's bargain-bin time at your local GameStop/EB/whatever.

Cloral
10-24-2003, 01:34 AM
I also had problems with FF9. Thankfully I had bought it at my local EBX, so I just went back there and they exchanged discs for me. They actually got another copy of FF9 out, and compared each disc from the two and gave me the 4 discs that were the best looking - mixing and matching between the two boxes. That fixed it.

Axel
10-24-2003, 03:04 PM
Um.... FF9 hasn't given me much trouble at all. :shrug: I noticed it refused to let me change discs, so I had to save and reset, but it wasn't a huge problem. The only other problem I noticed is that sometimes it lags a little on the cinematics, so they jump a bit, not a huge problem. Besides I just want to skip the sequences.