PDA

View Full Version : An electric car that can move...

AtmaWeapon
10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
http://www.acpropulsion.com/default.htm

Good gosh. The last test was done in poor conditions and the car did 0-60 in 5.41 seconds. The company claims they can frequently do 3.2 second 0-60 runs! That's insane. It has a range of somewhere between 240-280 miles on a single charge. Considering my last car would only make 300 miles if I only drove on the highway, that's pretty good.

My favorite quote is from the press release on the car's performance at Michelin Challenge Bibendum, in reference to the car's somewhat below average performance on the noise test.

"Certainly the tzero would have made less noise if it accelerated as sedately as the cars that scored an A on the noise test."

DarkPanther
10-22-2003, 12:33 PM
I bet Mazda's interested. 'Bout the same size as a Miata. :p

Hopefully we'll figure out how to power a car by stupidity soon.

That's cool though.

TheGeepster
10-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Excellent results.

My only questions are how long it takes to charge the batteries, and how long the batteries would last before needing to be changed permanently.

Raichu86
10-22-2003, 01:58 PM
What would worry me is the reliability. We've had 2 electric golf carts. The first one was constantly needing replacement batteries, as well as replacement battery cables. The one we have now was just dead for about a week because a cable corroded, and the cable we replaced it with died (there was no connection from one end to the other) just minutes after we put it on. :eyebrow: