PDA

View Full Version : w00t!!! GameCube online

zfreak2004
10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Click... Now... (http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4781)

This is absolutely increadable... If this takes off... I can't wait for the possibilities... Sweetness...

vegeta1215
10-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Sounds pretty cool. I'm curious how far they will get. I mean, they're really just using what Nintendo's already given them and making the Cube think they're playing on a LAN in the same room when your actually connected to others online :D

Pablo
10-20-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm wondering why consoles haven't caught up to the PC yet...we non-console gamers have had Net play for, oh, 3 or 4 years :)

Anyway, if I do decide to buy a Cube, this'll be something I take advantage of, definitely. But didn't they already kickstart their online plan with PSO?

AtmaWeapon
10-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
I'm wondering why consoles haven't caught up to the PC yet...we non-console gamers have had Net play for, oh, 3 or 4 years :)

Anyway, if I do decide to buy a Cube, this'll be something I take advantage of, definitely. But didn't they already kickstart their online plan with PSO?

PCs are expected to come with internet access, and cost a pretty hefty bundle. Consoles were and still are created with those who can't afford a gaming rig in mind. And actually, the Genesis and SNES had online play (http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/snes/peripherals/xband.html). So there.

Where have you been, too? 3 or 4 years for net play? If I'm not mistaken, Doom had online play way back when people had DOS systems.

Pablo
10-21-2003, 05:25 PM
I was thinking mainstream Net play. Sure, a couple hundred people could play Doom in the DOS era, but now a couple hundred thousand people can play Doom 3 in the XP era. The era of widespread Net play began with the release of EverQuest, which (if my facts are correct) was something like three or four years ago.

AlexMax
10-21-2003, 08:28 PM

Something like this has been avalable for Xbox since before Xbox Live. Good to see that good people are doing the same for the cube now that support is being added.