PDA

View Full Version : new legend of zelda game???

idontknow
10-20-2003, 06:16 PM
does anyone know if there's going to be a new "legend of zelda..." game for the gamecube anytime soon? i remember like a couple years back, just before game cube was going to be released for the first time, in a nintendo power magazine, they showed a picture of a 3-D link that was like on a staircase and i also think there was a picture that featured a really cool 3-D Iron knuckles..does anyone know where i could find out about such a game featuring link--that would be really cool, rather than the cartoonish graphics of "The Wind Waker".

sorry, edited because I clicked the wrong edit button - Mak.

Mak-X
10-20-2003, 06:19 PM
The sequel to The Wind Waker will be about in 2004 and reuses the same engine and graphic style. You may be thinking of the Spaceworld 2000 demo with Link fighting Ganondorf that was scrapped to make The Wind Waker. Link and Ganon's models from the demo were put to use in Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Link's model in Soul Calibur II.

cyberkiller6276
10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
...and Link's model in Soul Calibur II.

I don't think that's entirely true. I read somewhere that Namco actually made a new wire frame for link in SCII. Plus, The wire frame has a different (and better) structure to links in SSBM. Maybe it just looks better because SCII has better lighting than SSBM.

Yes, There is a new zelda game coming out seperate of Tetras Trackers. There is no news of it on gamespy or gamespot nor is there any tentitive title.

Maverick_Zero
10-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
I don't think that's entirely true. I read somewhere that Namco actually made a new wire frame for link in SCII. Plus, The wire frame has a different (and better) structure to links in SSBM. Maybe it just looks better because SCII has better lighting than SSBM.

Yes, There is a new zelda game coming out seperate of Tetras Trackers. There is no news of it on gamespy or gamespot nor is there any tentitive title.

No, no, he's saying Ganondorf's model from the video was used for SSBM. And that Link's model from the video was used for SCII.

Crazy_Link
10-20-2003, 08:23 PM
I think the are coming out with a Four Swords for GC tho, not sure...

Dracula
10-20-2003, 09:17 PM
They're making Tetra's Trackers, another version of Four Swords, and a cel-tacular sequal to Wind Waker... and possibly SOME TIME in the future, we will be able to venture with the original Dolphin Demo Link...

Mak-X
10-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
No, no, he's saying Ganondorf's model from the video was used for SSBM. And that Link's model from the video was used for SCII.

Yeah, maybe not actually imported into those games, but the Spaceworld demo did serve as a base for the Smash and SCII models, I would think anyways, if only in a stylistic sense. At least Shigeru Miyamoto has talked about those games in a sense that they contained adult Link from the Spaceworld demo.

vegeta1215
10-20-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah, there are loads of new Zelda games coming. As some have said, we're getting:

-A Wind Waker sequel
-Four Swords for GCN
-Tetra's Trackers

Don't forget, they're also working on another GBA Zelda, plus that Zelda Collection is probably gonna come out soon too. It's a Zelda fans dream come true :D Zelda and even more Zelda!

ShadowTiger
10-21-2003, 07:37 AM
For those of us who can afford it. :sweat:

So "ZeldaCube" was just a "myth" then. How disappointing. Well, at least we have the others to look forward to. I still have to play 4 swords. :rolleyes: Not to mention Master Quest. Where have I been all year. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. I was Making my own Zelda Quests. http://www.purezc.com/forums/html/emoticons/icon_snide.gif

idontknow
10-21-2003, 02:27 PM
i have a ?...is "The Wind Waker" really all that good a game? i mean, it doesn't particularly look like a game for teens like myself, but rather for younger kiddies & it doesn't seem all that difficult--how difficult is the game and what is the play quality of the game?

Aegis Runestone
10-21-2003, 02:47 PM
Wind Waker is NOT KIDDIE! Grrr.....

Yes, it is a sweet game, not as good as OoT, or MM, but it's still good. I enjoyed it alot.

I'd consider it more adult, why? Because the game actually has more emotional scenes in it than OoT, at least it stirred up some emotion in ME. But Yes Wind Waker is a good game, the graphics are sweet beyond belief, believe me, once you see Link moving around, you'll be drooling.

And BTW: I was considering ditching WW because of the graphics, I'll say this now, I'm glad I bought the game!

Another Note: this is the FIRST Zelda from another generation console that connects to an older one: WW is the sequel to OoT and it talks about OoT in the beginning, etc! Remember Ganondorf said at the end of OoT:
"I will seek revenge on your ANCESTORS!"(paraphrasing)

Maverick_Zero
10-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
i have a ?...is "The Wind Waker" really all that good a game? i mean, it doesn't particularly look like a game for teens like myself, but rather for younger kiddies & it doesn't seem all that difficult--how difficult is the game and what is the play quality of the game?

Not too difficult at all. The only difficult part is the second to last boss, just due to it's speed, and where you have to aim at it.

It's still a good game, and if you have a GBA and Link Cable, I hear the Tingle Tuner can be alot of fun too. Other than that, there are still alot of mini-quests, and they're not quite as boring as say the 100 golden skulltulas quest. But there is more emotion in this one, then OoT. My only problem is, near the end, all the people still seem oblivious to the fact that Ganon is about to be resurrected, it's not like OoT where they've changed the towns around, one being completely destroyed and the other having nearly doubled in population. I thought maybe they could have the people barring their windows, and not have their children out on the street or something like that.

Mak-X
10-21-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Aegis Runestone
Another Note: this is the FIRST Zelda from another generation console that connects to an older one: WW is the sequel to OoT and it talks about OoT in the beginning, etc! Remember Ganondorf said at the end of OoT:
"I will seek revenge on your ANCESTORS!"(paraphrasing)

"I will exterminate your descendants!!"

First heavy use of a previous game for its backstory, yes, but don't forget Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past. If you also consider the more minor links of the Sage names, OoT has a small connection to The Adventure of Link. :) TWW is the first game to really build off of a previous one though.

TWW is a good and fun game, just could be a bit more challenging and have less ocean.

Dracula
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by idontknow

It's the best GCN game, in my own opinion. Try to think OOT meets Waterworld and a Medieval tapestry (just a bit more colorful).. It may sound atrocious, but it's like combining pankcakes and syrup... or Spaggetios and Dorritos... Hey, that last one is pretty damn good!

cyberkiller6276
10-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
Yeah, there are loads of new Zelda games coming. As some have said, we're getting:

-A Wind Waker sequel
-Four Swords for GCN
-Tetra's Trackers Only Tetra's Trackers is confirmed though. The others are just rumors and stuff that nintendo has hinted to us.

Originally posted by Dracula
It's the best GCN game, in my own opinion. Try to think OOT meets Waterworld and a Medieval tapestry (just a bit more colorful).. It may sound atrocious, but it's like combining pankcakes and syrup... or Spaggetios and Dorritos... Hey, that last one is pretty damn good! Metroid Prime was better :p
But that is a great way to desribe the game, lol.

Mak-X
10-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276
Only Tetra's Trackers is confirmed though. The others are just rumors and stuff that nintendo has hinted to us.

Tetra's Trackers and Four Swords GC were both revealed and shown off at last E3. A updated version of Four Swords GC was shown at a recent game expo in Europe, IGN has 3 movies from the event and 10 screens were released by Nintendo. The game's graphical style is more like that of TWW now, and the ALttP graphics have a nice pastel look to them. The Wind Waker's sequel was mentioned by Aonuma at the last E3 and reported on by a few magazines and sites quoting him, and Nintendo officially confirmed it at a recent company meeting in Japan.

Here's a topic about the new Four Swords screens
http://www.zhq2.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=833&

cyberkiller6276
10-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Then how come Gamespot didn't cover them? And also they are not in the game list.

EDIT: Ok, Four swords is on there, don't know why I missed it. But Gamespot shows nothing on a wind waker sequel...

Warlock
10-21-2003, 10:43 PM
Because GameSpot sucks :) IGN gave them plenty of coverage

Mak-X
10-21-2003, 11:09 PM
July issue of Game Informer

"what do you think of the fact that many Zelda fans would be happy playing it in 2D forever?

Aonuma: "There's definitely a difference between 2D and 3D graphics, but after making Wind Waker, Im questioning whther it was too difficult. With the 2D graphics, it's not easy, but it's a different kind of problem solving. I'm always questioning myself after a project is over, and with Wind Waker 2, I might return to some of the basics that made Zelda what it is. There are a few other qualities I'm reconsidering but that's not definite yet. I hope you're patient and look forward to next E3, when it'll be announced. There should be a playable version on the floor next year."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=91804

To begin, is there anything you can tell us about the sequel to Wind Waker? How far are you into development and when will we see it?

Aonuma: I am unable to give you any details right now. I am hoping to have a playable version ready by next year's E3, so I'm hoping you'll be patient and look forward to that.

As I did between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, I will use the same engine and the same graphics of Wind Waker for its sequel. However, I do plan on powering everything up a bit.

There is no data pages on game sites for TWW's sequel yet because there hasn't been any information released yet on it, besides the knowledge that it is being worked on. Majora's Mask and Ura Zelda were also worked on shortly after Ocarina's completion, as is the time when sequels to games are usually done.