PDA

View Full Version : Sniper trial about to begin.

TheGeepster
10-20-2003, 01:30 PM
John Allen Mohammed is His Own Lawyer! (http://www.msnbc.com/news/980078.asp)

Here's proof of the fact that all suspects are innocent until proven guilty. I marvel frequently at the cases which make it to trial, cases which would appear to me to be open-and-shut.

And yet our judicial system is designed like it is for a reason, to give everyone a chance to make their case.

I am curious about one thing though: The alleged 20th hijacker also represented himself in our legal system. Is this something in the playbook of radical Muslims, to rely on only themselves when facing a legal challenge like this? And if so, why?

I did note that John Lee Malvo, the boy in the sniper case, and the one alleged to have actually pulled the trigger had his own attourneys, and did not represent himself.

Anyways, I will anxiously wait to see what happens here. I also wonder where they plan on finding unbiased jurors for this national case.

Pablo
10-20-2003, 05:53 PM
Anyways, I will anxiously wait to see what happens here. I also wonder where they plan on finding unbiased jurors for this national case.

Perhaps we'll import jurors from another country, if our system allows that...

euphoria
10-20-2003, 10:35 PM
The trials are taking place in my city, Virginia Beach. On the 14th when they started, my brother (Rijuhn) and I were driving to school, and the traffic was INSANE! It was all backed up headed to the courthouse. Freaky stuff.