PDA

View Full Version : This is truly sad...

bigjoe
10-20-2003, 12:32 AM
http://www.terrisfight.org/lead.htm

According to this a judge gave a court order to starve a lady who is supposedly in PVS, when clearly, there is evidence and MOVIES of her responding to people.

I find it sickening that the judge could make the decision to starve someone who is evidently self aware.

Goat
10-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Wow, this is a new side of you joe. I never have seen you campaign for anything, especially a good cause such as this. *cries* My little boy is growing up.

TheGeepster
10-20-2003, 12:45 PM
I think the whole thing is a travesty myself, having seen news of this a few days ago.

There are some suspicions that the motive of Mr. Schiavo is not as pure as he likes others to think, but those links are in another post.

If, by any means, Terry Schiavo could return to a relatively normal life, I say the courts ought to force the husband to allow it. This stems from the notion that all life is precious.

linkofzelda1
10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I cannot believe they sentenced this woman to death. No one deserves to die, IMO, even if they themselves took life from others, and this woman did not do anything at all.

TheGeepster
10-20-2003, 09:54 PM
It's even worse. Terry Schiavo's parent's are willing to pay for her treatment, and her father is rumored to offer Terry's husband half a million to have her transferred to his care, as well as providing for her bills.

She's not on life support. She can breathe on her own and shows signs that she is cognizant of surroundings. The only medical device which she was using was the feeding tube and many believe that with the therapy denied her, should could have been off that by now.

Not to mention that she has been denied last rites because it involves a "holy wafer".

The more I hear, the angrier I get at her husband who's the driving force behind this all, and those who stand with him and get in the way of protecting a precious life, and preventing a cruel death to a lady who doesn't deserve it.