PDA

View Full Version : Explore the depths of space...

AlexMax
10-20-2003, 12:23 AM
...from your very own desk.

http://anywherebb.com/noctis.html

You start out with 3 grams of fuel, a spaceship, and a desire to explore the uncharted depths of space. The game has no end, so you can explore for as long as you want. Don't be fooled by the size of the executable, this game is huge with an almost infinate number of stars, planet and moons to visit.

I wholeheartedly suggest reading the manual before starting. But what can you find in the depths of this space?

EDIT: First things first, FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET FUEL ON YOUR OWN. If you run out accidently, there is a way to signal for help from another drifter, but you only get three more grams. By the way, the game continues to run even when you exited, so if you start getting fuel and then then quit, then restart the next morning or something, you now have an ungodly amount of fuel. (No it's not memory resitednt, it automatically calculates it based on the time next time you start the game))

Also, once you figure out how to take pictures (and move your visor up and down (Page Up and Page Down) snap the coolest picture you can and attach it to this thread.

And yes, i know a lot of the planets are kinda similar, but if you look hard enough, you might find something cool (http://anywherebb.com/noctis.html). I mean, this is a universe. For every OMG THIS IS SO AWSOME, there are quite a few more droll boring planets.

But hey, I'm proud of my 'green planet' find. Yeah, it's green. Atmosphere and everyhting. Looks cool too...

And if you think the graphics suck...well..they do. Have patience, and wait for the next version, which will feature a whole new rendering engine and an all new galaxy to explore.

Crazy_Link
10-20-2003, 12:27 AM
Sounds cool...

*Crazy_Link cliks the link

Looks kewl...

*Crazy_Link downloads the file :D

Pablo
10-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Awesome. I love freeform games like this. Thanks, Alex :)

/me downloads

linkofzelda1
10-20-2003, 12:54 AM
Looks good. I'll give it a try.