PDA

View Full Version : My old Mega Man page...

Brasel
10-19-2003, 04:55 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/megaman/megaman1.html

Check that page out. And check out the walkthroughs. Brilliant huh? Anyway, who thinks I should resume work on this? I really think its something different as opposed to the normal walkthroughs out there, and no other Mega Man page has this kind of thing. I thought it was nifty as all hell when I first started it, problem is, I made it on Front Page Express and now I don't have it. If I did start work on it again, I'd probably find another copy of Front Page, so thats no big deal.

Comments?

Mak-X
10-19-2003, 05:17 PM
I like that it's simple in its design and has content of text and plenty of screens on the pages. It's been a long time since I've played Mega Man 1, and I've only played it one time when I rented it once, made it to the end and died on Dr. Wily trying to use that Select button Elec man weapon trick.

Front Page Express comes with Internet Explorer if you have that. My copy is under Program Files anyways.

Brasel
10-19-2003, 11:37 PM
Are you sure it comes with IE? I haven't been able to find it anywhere on this computer.

Pablo
10-20-2003, 12:03 AM
You could try Micro$oft Word, it's able to save as an HTML file. Works well enough if you're in a pinch...

SSJ3500
10-20-2003, 12:06 AM
With some more work that could be a pretty good site, I'd keep going with it. Just try for a better layout.

Flash Man
10-20-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
Front Page Express comes with Internet Explorer if you have that. My copy is under Program Files anyways.
I do seem to remember that it came with Windows 98, however it doesn't come with IE nor updates to my knowledge. Two freeware HTML editors I would suggest are Notepad (file:///C:/windows/notepad.exe), for your pure HTML coding skills, and Arachnophilia (http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/) I used Arachnophilia quite a long time ago. It ran fairly clean, but I do not remember if it was WYSIWYG (http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/WYSIWYG.html) or not.

Brasel
10-20-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by SSJ3500
With some more work that could be a pretty good site, I'd keep going with it. Just try for a better layout.

The layout is indeed dated. This was made before the iflux of professional looking fan based webpages.

I know HTML fairly well, and can use it if I really want to, but I honestly hate to. Its boring! :)

King
10-24-2003, 02:46 PM
That's a cool site you have there! I hope you continue it, and also make guides for the other MM games.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like you already planned to make guides for the other games. :) Well, how about the X games, then?

Brasel
10-24-2003, 03:08 PM
I plan on doing the X games as well. Someday...

I just got Front Page thanks to Gerudo, so I should be starting on it within a week.

TedHead
10-25-2003, 11:34 PM
That's really good!

Even just the smallest things like changing the font colors on certain things and indenting your paragraphs and making it all organized... it makes it so much nicer :D

The screenshots make it cool too. So visually appealing, I'd choose this walkthrough over a GameFAQ any day!

Keep it up, but make sure you keep it pretty ;)