PDA

View Full Version : favorite/scariest horror film

idontknow
10-18-2003, 09:47 PM
what is your favorite, or what do you think is the scariest, horror film of all time? also, what are some good, more recent scary movies to rent or buy?

Maverick_Zero
10-18-2003, 09:48 PM
All new horror movies are terrible. Although Jason X was pretty scary...oh wait, no, it wasn't, because it sucked.

Best horror movie, probably Nightmare on Elmstreet 1, or Halloween 2.

Goat
10-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Nothing scares me more than the thought of getting molested by gene wilder in the bubble room

Yoshiman
10-18-2003, 10:00 PM
The Ring was one of the newer scary movies. It's pretty good. I also saw Ringu at the video rental store today. It's the original version of The Ring, but it takes place in Japan and all of the characters speak Japanese.

The better scary movies I've seen would have to be any of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. I usually don't watch too many horror movies. My mom and sister are downstairs right now watching Spliced.

I'm not to big on horror movies, but my mom and sisters are. I'll watch some of the older ones, but some of the newer ones stink. My dad, on the other hand, won't watch any kind of horror movie. One day at the firehouse (My dad's a firefighter), my dad's fellow workers were watching a horror film and they made a bet on how long my dad would stay. I think it was 2 minutes :rolleyes:

Michael Moore
10-19-2003, 12:44 AM
The Ring was freaky, because of the tape and the mystery. Once they uncovered what the tape meant, it took away the horror. Sometimes the greatest fears, are that of the unknown.

Bloodstar64
10-19-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Armageddon
Sometimes the greatest fears, are that of the unknown.

You mean like of that in your avatar?

Michael Moore
10-19-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Bloodstar64
You mean like of that in your avatar?

Precisely. :sb:

Another movie I want to add is The Exorcist.

Drunken Tiger
10-19-2003, 07:19 AM
The Phone, its a Korean movie.. No offense but i get more freaked out from thh scary movie that asians make, only because lately the special effects in most western films have just gone overboard.. with asians films, mostly because they cant afford all that high tech stuff, they rely heavily on sound and lighting.. with normally scares the shit out of me anyways..

MasterSwordUltima
10-19-2003, 11:29 AM
I just saw the originally Texas Chainsaw Massacre two days ago with my sister and her friends, and it was really geh. I found it to be more of a comedy than a horror. (Hint, don't waste your money ;)) But the scariest movie I've ever seen would have to be the original Exorcist. With the falling down the stairs thing, and the twisting heads, pretty creepy. Tremors 1 was scary too.

Prrkitty
10-19-2003, 02:53 PM
Paul and I watched "The Ring" last night. As the movie was progressing we were trying to tie in all the clues to figure out the movie. Paul figured it out before I did.

If I watch horror flicks before going to bed... I usually have nightmares. I didn't after this movie... go figure!

Psychologically, it was pretty intense.

And as for the funniest, I'd have to say most of the movies Gene Wilder was in. Blazing Saddles immediately comes to mind... oh! and the Frankenstein movie (I forget what the proper title is).

Fiyerstorm
10-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Spice World = Scariest movie ever.

:p

May fav. horror movie series is the Scream Trilogy...

Oh sweet Neve...:heart:

Goat
10-19-2003, 07:48 PM
It was blasphemy to even call Scream 3 part of teh scream trilogy. That movie was so horrible, the I know what you did last summer movies were more entertaining than that one, and those blew elephant nut.

Lilith
10-19-2003, 08:29 PM
Lady and the Tramp...those fucking Siamese cats still scare the hell out of me.

Goat
10-19-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Lilith

They wernt scary. Those cats were... dare I say... Pussies

Lilith
10-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Goat
They wernt scary. Those cats were... dare I say... Pussies

OMG LOL

Verman
10-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Lilith

WTF? I have a couple girl friends that are terrified of those cats too.. Like if you start singing the song 'We are siamese if we please, We are siamese if we dont please' They go bananas and scream at the person singing the song (Usually me). I have no idea what is so frightening about them kitties...

I think the most scariest funnies movie I have ever seen is Evil Dead II... Ha Ha... It was the best! Bruce Campbell is a god.

Lilith
10-20-2003, 10:31 PM
When I was little that song made me cower behind chairs, now I just bitch at the person singing it...I had some weird fears involving movies when I was little, like when the air conditioning died in the Brave Little Toaster, when Littlefoot's mom died in Land Before Time, that part in Roger Rabbit where the evil guy gets flattened by the steamroller or whatever...oh yeah, and when the witch died in Wizard of Oz. "I'm melting!" I'd hide during all that stuff. I was a strange child. Slasher movies never phased me, but omg, that air condition breaking was the freakiest thing evah.

Pablo
10-20-2003, 11:08 PM
I watched Child's Play 1 and 2 when I was very small (like, 4 or 5) and it scarred me for life. I still can't stand dolls.

See what cheap horror movies can do to people?