PDA

View Full Version : My car is trying to kill me!

Rafnul
10-18-2003, 03:00 PM
I was coming home today from this lame PSAT test I had to take, and I was switching my foot from gas to brake, but I when started to remove my foot from the gas pedal, the car sucked the pedal in, and I accelerated to 60 before I knew what was going on. I'm fine, nothing happened, but what would make something like that happen?

Yoshiman
10-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Umm... Car gremlings? I have no clue what would've made your car do that. You should probably get it checked by a mechanic or something. Just to be safe, y'know?

lord_jamitossi
10-18-2003, 03:47 PM
mabye you are having leg spasms... wha? :odd:

Rafnul
10-18-2003, 04:09 PM
I bet the car is mad at me for driving it in all those ditches...

Brasel
10-18-2003, 04:13 PM
I've never heard of that happening before. You might want to get that checked out ASAP if you want to live through your next driving "adventure".

cyberkiller6276
10-18-2003, 05:03 PM
HEH, I went to PSATs today too. Man, that test was so easy...I'm sure the actual SATs are longer and harder...

As for your car, I would get that checked out. That's pretty wierd o.0

AlphaDawg
10-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Apparently it happens enough that it was deemed necessary to put a little blurb in the Pennsylvania driver's manual describing what to do if such a thing happens.

I also seem to remember a dumb TV movie where this happens to some young hot chick... of course it was right in the middle of rush hour, and then there just happened to be a scheduled bridge opening and a whole bunch of other nuisances. A dumb Speed ripoff if you ask me.

Maverick_Zero
10-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Well, call Car Talk on NPR, they'll answer your questions, they're geniuses. =p

But, did it come up, and then come down, or did you take your foot off, and it stayed down? It could just be a sticky pedal or something.

Rafnul
10-19-2003, 03:22 PM
I pulled my foot up, and it went down, farther down. There are two ways I know this: I was going uphill and I accelerated, and I felt the pedal go down.