PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions regarding sounds

lord_jamitossi
10-17-2003, 08:30 PM
1- Does anyone know of a good program for composing/editing midi files? I have Finale but it's sorta buggy and i'm not even sure that it makes midi files (it's not downloaded yet).
2- Is there anything that you have to do in order to access the midi files once you're in z-quest, or do they just have to be in the same file?
3- If you make a quest with costom music, do the midi files have to be included in teh zip file in order for the player to hear them?
4- Is there any way to change the sounds for the whistle, shutters, unlock charm, etc...? i have my whistle as a rod (the staff of change, hense the game's name) but it's really bad because whenever you would "swing" it, you get the music effect in the background. it's very annoying.

Ganonator
10-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Personally, I have found anything from the CakeWalk series to be very nice. I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, and it gets the job done for everything from small ZC midis to symphony overtures.

*b*
10-17-2003, 11:08 PM
1- Does anyone know of a good program for composing/editing midi files? I have Finale but it's sorta buggy and i'm not even sure that it makes midi files (it's not downloaded yet).

Try Anvil Studio

2- Is there anything that you have to do in order to access the midi files once you're in z-quest, or do they just have to be in the same file?

Just go to Quest > MIDIs. Select the music you want from there, it brings up a window where you can select what file from where

3- If you make a quest with costom music, do the midi files have to be included in teh zip file in order for the player to hear them?

No, they are automaticly included in the quest

4- Is there any way to change the sounds for the whistle, shutters, unlock charm, etc...? i have my whistle as a rod (the staff of change, hense the game's name) but it's really bad because whenever you would "swing" it, you get the music effect in the background. it's very annoying.

Yes, there is a program provided by DN. I don't have a link, but try looking through the topics for a program called grabber-w.exe or grabber-d.exe

hope that helps!

lord_jamitossi
10-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Oh! that's wat grabber does!!! YES!!!!