PDA

View Full Version : My Last Post....and computer trouble!

ZeldaFan001
10-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Nobody has figured out why I'm locked out of Armageddongames.net from my home computer, so I am stuck posting except for several hours once a week.

Anyway, I recently got a new motherboard and gained some speed going from a Pentium III 450 mhz to a Pentium III 1.0 GHz and couldn't be happier. However, I am having some minor trouble.

Appearently, my Creative AudioPCI Sound Card is not working properly. Using the drivers by Gateway and using my dual boot Win98/WinXP, here is the trouble. With my sound card enabled, the drivers will freeze Windows 98 now when they worked before. Also, when installing Windows XP with these drivers on, I received an Fatal Error: "Windows Installer can't continue because a part needed to complete Windows was not found. I/O error." Thankfully, after disabling it, Windows 98 and XP load as normal, but no sound.

If I have the drivers enabled in Windows XP, it loads even if it can't find the sound card. So, I am safe leaving it enabled. One more mysterious thing, sometimes when booting Windows XP with the sound enabled, I do get sound out of my speakers rarely when starting my computer, but restarting my computer or shutting it down, it can't find the sound card again.

How come Windows detects my sound card sometimes and sometimes it doesn't? (I haven't messed with any wires or screwed up any settings. )

Draconis
10-20-2003, 10:26 AM
well make sure that you have the drivers up to date from the manufacturer and not from compaq because they may have older drivers.