PDA

View Full Version : Cavities/other dental problems

Mitsukara
10-17-2003, 04:08 PM
I have a cavity in my top-left molar... it's the only one I've had so far, and I've had it since I was very young, 7 or so, but it does hurt sometimes. Normally if its left alone, it feels fine, but when I eat or drink something, I have to be pretty careful, depending on what that is. I find I get bread and meat stuck up in there quite often, but I don't really notice it that conciously because it doesn't hurt... I just sort of sit there picking at it with my tongue until it comes out, and then I have to go spit it out someplace. However, whenever I drink anything... especially anything with sugar, or anything very cold or hot...

Probably one of the worst things is ice cream. Thankfully I don't really like ice cream that much, but when I do, I have to kind of cock my head over sideways so it stays on the right side of my mouth... I imagine I look fairly ridiculous doing this, but it's neccesary...

Personally, I have a weird dislike of teeth anyway... they seem ugly to me. Whenever I smile, it's always with my mouth closed, and when I talk I try not to show them. This is probably a very good thing, though, because I'm one of those people that never remembers to brush them. I've actually managed to start brushing them once a week or so lately, a record for me, but still... I guess I'm pretty lucky I don't have any worse cavities yet.

One thing I've always wondered about, is that it feels like up in my cavity, there's a hole that goes through into the next tooth over... I'm not sure if I'm correct, but, like... here's my molar with the cavity | |, and the next tooth over is like this, | |||_|, except there's a little hole through the side of the molar that goes all the way into the next tooth, like | ._| ... I'm not sure if that's even possible, but that's what it feels like... and it hurts like hell whenever something manages to get in there, too...

Anyway, aside from that, and being kinda icky because I forget to brush, I think my teeth are fine.

Do you have any dental problems?
(I sound like an episode of Blue's Clues... "What about you?" *attentive look* "Oh, okay. Bye!"... *shakes head*)

phattonez
10-17-2003, 04:14 PM
I can tell why your teeth hurt all the time and why you think your teeth look ugly. It's really not worth it to not brush your teeth. The thing with the cavity in 2 teeth could probobaly happen, you should get it fixed. It sucks while your there (at the dentist) but its better when its gone. But that's my opinion you can do whatever you want.

Ich
10-17-2003, 04:15 PM
I have perfectly aligned teeth, thanks to my grandmother. I inherited them from her; she isn't my dentist. Never had braces in my entire life. You can all be jealous now.

phattonez
10-17-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
I have perfectly aligned teeth, thanks to my grandmother. I inherited them from her Your mom or dad didn't?

I have retainers right now and that case smell is buggin' me. Jennifer's not the only one that's jealous.

slothman
10-17-2003, 04:33 PM
I have perfectly unalligned teeth thanks to my parents. I did have a problem in a molar so I hade it removed. Right now I only have 27 teeth, as I also have my wisdom removed. I don't feel any dumber though. :D

Mitsukara
10-17-2003, 05:41 PM
Well... I'm sorry, I really hope this doesn't sound rude or anything, I just noticed that my points came off the wrong way, a little...

Err... my teeth don't really hurt most of the time, only when I'm eating certain things and they get to my cavity... so I'm really fine, most of the time. My teeth are in amazingly good shape despite their lack of grooming, I think. Also, I think my dislikeness of the appearance of teeth doesn't have so much to do with my forgetting to brush so much as that I just don't like the way they look... I don't like anyone's teeth. *shrug* I'm kind of a psycho, there's a lot of things on the human body I don't like/think are gross... like nails... ech. But that's just me.

Actually, my parents used to think my teeth weren't growing in straight (it runs on my father's side, and one of my two sisters has it pretty badly), but they seem to be fine now, and I never had to wear braces, so...

I don't mind brushing at all, really, except that it takes a little time; it's just that I tend to not even think of doing it, at least not at the appropriate moments/when I'm not in the middle of something else. Just bad memory, mostly...

Pablo
10-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Two or three fillings, braces, an expander, you name it. I fucking hate orthodontists, I liked my teeth just fine before my "dentist" (more like sadist) got through with them.

Drunken Tiger
10-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Like ICHBINDASWALROSS i pretty much have perfect teeth.. Only i do not know where i inherited them from.. My sister on the other hand, has the worst set of teeth anyone could possibly imagine...

Michael Moore
10-17-2003, 10:36 PM
I only once in my life had cavaties, after that my teeth have been fine. Though I still dread going to the dentist.

Raichu86
10-19-2003, 07:38 PM
I had one cavity. I didn't have any pain from it until they started messing with it. Now that it's been filled in, it's more sensitive to hot and cold than my other teeth (which are VERY sensitive in that way).

Lilith
10-19-2003, 08:35 PM
I've never had any cavities, and I've had sealence or whatever (I forget what you call it, it's a layer of porcelin-type material that keeps you from getting cavities)...getting the sealence was one of the worst things ever though, my salivary glands were blocked for like an hour, and they had to do each tooth indivudually and they shined a goddamn heat lamp into my mouth x_X It was really nasty afterwards.