PDA

View Full Version : Ironic friendship

Rafnul
10-16-2003, 11:46 PM
So... yeah, I'm back... for now.

Isn't it strange, how sometimes it's the things you do to hurt someone that makes you closer to them? So I went to Mexico this summer, with a local church, and built houses for destitute Mexicans. Among those people was a girl who goes to my school that I never really talked to, she was new the year before anyway. This girl has always been at youth group and stuff, but I had never really talked to her. Then one day, I decided I should bring my friend with me, and somehow I started getting to know this girl halfway through my friend, and I don't really understand. But anyways, 4 us were going to go to my house after youth group. On the way home, I tried to pass this girl 100 yards before a stoplight going 50 where the speed limit was 30... and needless to say there were complications.

Good news is, I hit her and we just kept driving to my house and no one was hurt. Better news is, my parents didn't kill me. Great news is, I didn't have to involve the police or my insurance company. The damage ended up being about $1000 and my parents are loaning me the money. I'll be working my ass off for the next 6 months sacking groceries at Hy-Vee, but that's the price I'll have to pay.

The ironic thing is, we are way closer friends now than we ever would have been. I just think it's crazy that I can smash someone's car then go hang out with them on weekends...

Crazy_Link
10-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, Ive made a lot of friends by doing dumb things...

You are prolly gon end up wubing her...:love:

Brasel
10-17-2003, 05:42 AM
Haha, I agree with CL.

The first date I had with my girlfriend was a disaster. Neither of us had any fun and the date was overall just boring. It was no car crash, but we've been together for over a year now. ;)

moocow
10-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah, well, me and MY boyfriend...

Oh wait...

Nevermind.

Good luck with the grrlie ;)`

Ich
10-17-2003, 12:05 PM
That's not so bad. I've done plenty of stupid things and fucked up a lot of friendships. It's nice when it works the other way.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-17-2003, 12:19 PM
That sounds like a good friend to have... If you can do that and not get into a fight about it. A nice example of true friendship.