PDA

View Full Version : Just Wanted to update anyone who's interested.

Brasel
10-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, its probably pretty obvious who this is. I self-banned myself because of my problems I went through a month or two ago. Sorry for causing all the trouble, but I'm stable now, and I don't have any further need for medical assistance or counseling. I've found myself and I'm ready to become me again.

This chapter in my life has ended, the one where I end my childhood/teenage years and develop into adulthood.

I have enlisted in the United States Army, where my MOS will be a Broadcast Journalist, or my second choice, Military Police. I'll hopefully be leaving for basic training by the time next month rolls around. After that, two weeks vacation and then for my AIT, or, Advanced Individual Training.

The Army will help me to become a better person. I hope to earn disipline and a respect for my country and fellow Americans while I'm in. I need some time out of college to figure out what I want to do with my life. I feel that the Army will provide that time for me, and give me the foundation I need to break free from the metaphorical chains my father has bound me in with his greed for control.

I hope everyone here is well. I do like the new forum layout and mainpage, it adds a nice something or other. :)

I tried to contace the staff using that email address from the error screen, but I don't believe it was recieved or acknowledged. Neither would suprise me. I asked to get my account reverified, for the second or third time, but it wasn't, which is fine. I'll keep checking in from time to time to see how everyone is doing.

I feel as though I should take responsibility for some of the...conflict...that happened after I posted that "suicide"/cry for help thread. I shouldn't have done so. So I appologize for any inconveniences I may or may not have caused.

I hope everyone has a great time with their stay here, and good luck in life and what not. I'll be watching. ;)

~Sir Anthony the Dragonslayer

Crazy_Link
10-16-2003, 08:37 PM
Glad to have you back, Sir Anthony, I mean Anthony :)

Yoshiman
10-16-2003, 08:45 PM
It's good to hear from you again. It's nice to know that you're safe and getting on with your life. I hope you have good luck in the US Army. Hope to hear from you again :highfive:

Pablo
10-16-2003, 10:19 PM
I wondered where you'd went, Tony. Congrats on the enlistment, hopefully the hardass drill sergeants won't get you down :)

Drunken Tiger
10-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Welcome back SA.. was wondering where you went.. :p Glad to see you back again.. Hope everything goes well with the army thing...

btw, whats the difference between a broadcast journalist and a journalist??

deathbyhokie
10-17-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
btw, whats the difference between a broadcast journalist and a journalist??

if i'm not mistaken, a journalist just writes things for newspapers or magazines. a boradcast journalist is more of a TV journalist. if i'm not mistaken

and welcome back SA

Drunken Tiger
10-17-2003, 09:21 AM
I didnt know that the Army had those broadcast journalist........

moocow
10-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Tony! I missed you! Glad to see that you're still alive and kickin' ;)

Lubu :D

Dechipher
10-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Sir Anthony The Dragonslayer > Sir Anthony > Anthony ....what's next? Tony?

:) Good to see you back man.

Clueless Blonde
10-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Nice to see ya 'round again. :) G'luck with the Army thing... it'll be as good as you make it.

:shy:

Gerudo
10-17-2003, 05:32 PM
*Gerudo plugs the link in his sig as to where Tony went*

well, sorta...

:laughing:

anyways, it is nice to see a familiar face HERE at AGN again (even though i talk to you almost every other day at mine)

its also good to know that you're alright as well :king:

Pablo
10-18-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Dechipher
Sir Anthony The Dragonslayer > Sir Anthony > Anthony ....what's next? Tony?

:) Good to see you back man.

I think his next nic should be Mr. T :shrug:

Master Asia
10-18-2003, 02:29 AM
Glad to see that your back and good luck in the Army. :)