PDA

View Full Version : I just got Mega Man X7 and......

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Wow. I expected it to be a lot worse.

I really like this game. It's pretty challenging, it's in 3D, and I like Axl, despite the fact that X isn't available at the start(I love X:().

The voice acting is....uh, well....not what I expected either. It's still a mixed bag. I like Zero's voice(it could've been a little less deep though), and X's voice sounds closer to a 15 year old recorded from 10 feet away. Axl however, sounds pretty good I thought. Signas and Alia were done decently. I think the controls were nice for both 2D and 3D perspectives, but I thought the game speed should've been upped a little(or have Zero move faster:p).

All in all, I think this is a good first step into the 3D realm. I don't see why so many people hate it so much. I guess the difficulty turns 'em off. Well, I put mine on hard.:p

El Oso Verde
10-16-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
All in all, I think this is a good first step into the 3D realm.

*cough cough* Megaman Legends *cough* Megaman Legends 2 *cough* Misadventures of Tron Bonne *cough* Megaman Network transmision *cough*

Oh my, I must be coming down with something...

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Yes, redundance. Better get some medicine.;)

It's obvious I know which games went into 3D, I HAVE Mega Man Network Transmission.:rolleyes: The X series has never trekked into 3D space before. That's what I meant.

MottZilla
10-17-2003, 02:16 AM
I think people don't like it because they are never going to be able to top the classics of the 90s. Do you really think there will be a Mega Man X game better than X1,X2,X3, or X4? Note X5 and X6 had a huge gap between them and X4. Probably part of why X4 was great yet after that it all went to shit. Sure it was ok, but not good enough in my opinion.

El Oso Verde
10-17-2003, 09:21 AM
The X series has never trekked into 3D space before. That's what I meant.

Ah, ok. Sorry bout that then. http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/nick/smileys/mmbiggrin.gif

Have you finished the game yet? I'm wondering how long it is compared to the other games in the series.

Blonde799
10-17-2003, 12:43 PM
The levels do seem long, because you're continuously fighting, but they're not long. And finishing the game, is gonna take me a while. The levels and bosses aren't exactly letting me clear them(Soldier Stonekong was a pain in the butt, I couldn't let him touch me, or I lost half my life bar). So, I guess going around commiting suicide to rescue reploids is encouraged(once they die they don't come back, so you might as well waste all your lives rescuing them, then retry and actually beat the level)..;)

King
10-21-2003, 11:37 AM
I finished the game with Zero yesterday. It took me many tries, but I did it. :) I'm gonna play through it again on Hard, because I like to torture myself. :)

ShadowTiger
10-21-2003, 11:52 AM
* Sigh * :sweat: I really should get into Megaman more. I've only played #6 on the NES, and seen one which I am still unable to identify.

How many Megaman games are there anyway? :odd:

(Not to change the subject, but perhaps one day I will be able to join a simply Megaman conversation and not just reply with a fake nod and smile. :rolleyes: )

King
10-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4

How many Megaman games are there anyway? :odd:

8 original MM games
+ 7 MMX games
+ 2 MMZ games
+ 1 original Game Boy game
+ 1 MM & Bass
+ 2 Mega Man Legends
+ 1 Mega Man Soccer
+ 1 Battle & Chase
+ 2 Power Fighters
+ 1 Wily Wars
+ 3 MM Battle Network

= 29 Mega Man games (doesn't include Japan-only games or handheld ports except MM&Bass)

I don't think I've forgotten any games.

Blonde799
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
I think you forgot NT, which is in the Battle Network series, so that should be 4.

Oh yeah. I just beat Red last night. He's a pain in the butt when I have to use Volt Tornado to restore my life.:p

King
10-21-2003, 02:20 PM
I think you forgot NT, which is in the Battle Network series, so that should be 4.

Oh yeah. I just beat Red last night. He's a pain in the butt when I have to use Volt Tornado to restore my life.:p

Ah, I did forget one! Make that 30 games.

Yeah, Red is a pain. It especially sucks when you have him down to his last bit of life and then you fall and die.

Blonde799
10-21-2003, 02:28 PM
That's when you use X's geh gliding ability(w/ glide armor) or Axl's hover(so awkward that you have to hold X on your first jump).:p

King
10-21-2003, 02:37 PM
Nah, I find Zero's double jump to be quite handy. It's better for dodging Red's attack right after you hit him.

ShadowTiger
10-21-2003, 03:16 PM
Why, how does Volt Tornado restore your life? :shrug: Darnit.

Blonde799
10-21-2003, 03:40 PM
A charged up Volt Tornado, which I think has to be used on an enemy, throws out energy balls, which restore.