PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about anime

Master Asia
10-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Anime is one of the most awesome :thumbsup: types of movies ever made. Would I rather watch the new Lord of the Rings movie in anime or with real people? Most definitly anime. By the way I did find the Lord of the Rings anime movie if any one wants to watch it. It was found in my local Blockbuster, I have yet to watch it though.

cyberkiller6276
10-16-2003, 09:13 AM
First, I should say (It might not be my place to say it) that this is general discussion. Anything pertaining to anime should belongs elsewhere. Just letting you know...

The LotR animated movie (along with the hobbit) is american made, not anime (if that's what you are thinking)

Although anime is one of my greater obsessions, I'd much rather sit down to watch LotR. Nothing beats it.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-16-2003, 09:24 AM
If your having trouble finding the anime forum heres a link...

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=109

You probably won't get in trouble if you do this by accident a few times but you might not want to keep doing it.

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 09:42 AM
To all the newbies who think X topic should be placed in X forum....

This is General Discussion, GD. Know the definition of the forum, and deal with it. People do recommend you place topics in the forum that has to do with the topic, but it's not a big deal, unless it's a totally different forum other than GD.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-16-2003, 09:45 AM
Eh... That doesn't make too much sense... Oh well forget what I said.

AlexMax
10-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Dr4g0n0FCh40s
Eh... That doesn't make too much sense... Oh well forget what I said.

He meant that this is General Discussion. As in General Discussion. You can discuss anything in here, reguardless of if it has its own forum or not.

inori
10-16-2003, 11:03 AM
On the other hand, if one were to continue to ignore the fact that AGN has more than one forum, and therefore to post everything in General Discussion, the rest of us would probably get pretty annoyed.

Hypothetically speaking.

A little more on-topic:
Master Asia, I like discussing anime. I do so a lot in General Anime Discussion. I'm not really all that interested in discussing it here, because I'd just be repeating what I've already said over there. :kawaii:

TheGeepster
10-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Favorite anime probably ought to have been posted in Anime discussion.

This topic isn't so much about existing anime as much as it is about how desirable it wouold be to have movies released in the overall anime style, rather than another style.

So I could see it posted either place. But, I'm only a member, and not staff, so :shrug:

Anyways, an anime version of Lord of the Rings, done well, would be a remarkable piece of animation. I would rank it as equal to a live version of Lord of the Ring of equal quality.

cyberkiller6276
10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Anyways, an anime version of Lord of the Rings, done well, would be a remarkable piece of animation. I would rank it as equal to a live version of Lord of the Ring of equal quality.
How awesome would that be?!?!? They should do it like they did Animatrix.

Master Asia
10-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Sorry I didn't know that there was already a place to discuss anime.

gdorf
10-17-2003, 06:53 PM
Don't worry about it. In fact, it is kinda nice to have an anime topic here in GD. General Anime Discussion intimidates me. I'm always afraid I'll be attacked by countless anime freaks if I venture into GA. :)

And, the only anime I like a lot is hellsing. I love the drawing style, and the storyline is sweet. Vampires are neat.