PDA

View Full Version : Halo...

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Whats so amazing about this game? I played it and it wasn't the amazing kickass jaw dropping ownage that everyone said it is. Why so much overrating?

AlexMax
10-16-2003, 12:29 AM
1 word. Multiplayer.

It's more of a social thing, especially on the Xbox. It might lose something in the PC translation....

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-16-2003, 02:47 AM
Still see no big deal. Oh well I guess the game just isn't me.

Fiyerstorm
10-16-2003, 07:22 AM
I have it for the PC and I guess it's ok and multiplayer is kinda fun but I don't like first-person shooters that much so I didn't like Halo as much as any other person, lol.

Pablo
10-16-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dr4g0n0FCh40s
Whats so amazing about this game? I played it and it wasn't the amazing kickass jaw dropping ownage that everyone said it is. Why so much overrating?

Play Co-Op mode on the XBOX (preferably with the Controller S) and you'll see why everyone likes it so much.

Grasshopper
10-16-2003, 01:54 PM
I did, and still don't see why.:tongue:

I thought it was fun, just not mind-blowing.

But hey, I'm a Doom Fanatic, what do ya expect. Nothing beats a classic.:drool:

DarkPanther
10-16-2003, 04:10 PM
If you've played first person shooters on PC for years, you probably wouldn't understand it.

Halo was the first FPS to actually be that diverse and fun on any console. Not to mention with that level of graphics at the time. TimeSplitters for PS2 could've done that, but it was just a FPS and didn't include co-op multiplayer, vehicles, etc. - so it got rave reviews, but was just a really good FPS. Halo's diversity won the war, I believe. IMO, the controls even set a good standard for consoles.

Don't compare it to all FPS's. Just console releases.

Grasshopper
10-16-2003, 05:10 PM
Dark Panther, I totally understand how Halo is a good game. I remember a huge rant I had about it and Metroid Prime. But then, everyone said I was just being depressed and a stick-in-the-mud or something and I needed to be quiet. Was it because I was sticking up for Halo, and they didn't like it? I said that it had all the features of any latest FPS game, and a few more, great AI and nice clean graphics, and was extremely polished product. I never said anything bad about it. I even said it was what an FPS on the PC should be, but only on a console(or something like that)It was a well-rounded game. I thought I had some good things to say about it.

And I haven't played PC FPS for years. :tongue: My first true FPS game was Doom on the SNES. I didn't have a good computer until 97 and never had any cool FPS games on it until a year or so later when I picked up Half-Life. So by then, I had already played some really good console FPS games. I just liked Doom a whole lot, thats all. :)

By all means, its not a poor game, its just never wowed me. I guess it had to do with all the things I heard about it. Super awesome ratings, all the talk of "killer app" and "best game on xbox", and then the game sales... so I started thinking "This must be like one of the best games ever or something" Then I sit down with a friend and spent a couple days to beat it playing co-op. Afterwards of playing co-op and multiplayer, I felt that the game was really good, but I just never like it as much as everyone said they had. And again, its really fun, and I'd still like to pick up on the PC when I get some extra money(cause I have no Xbox). And, don't fret, I'd compare Doom to Doom 3 and still say it was better.:laughing:

TedHead
10-16-2003, 05:18 PM
I personally liked the AI in single player a lot. Very intelligent. The Covenant were anyway. I found the Flood to be the same old AI you get every day with Half-Life and what not, though I'm not too surprised seeing as Gearbox helped make Halo, and they had also made stuff for Half-Life. The Flood were booooring.

And every multiplayer aspect of Halo is awesome. I love co-op games. The vehicles rocked too.

And who can forget the opening music? All those monks singing all cool like... I love it :D Me and my friends always have a moment of silence when Halo starts and the Monks sing.