PDA

View Full Version : custom boss use

idontknow
10-15-2003, 06:07 PM
how many of you know how to make good custom bosses & actually do use them? Please read each statement carefully & choose which best describes you
A) I regularly try to use good custom bosses throughout my quests
B) Every once in a while I'll use a custom boss in a quest (i'm an amatuer custom boss maker)
C) I rarely make custom bosses, but when i do, they are typically really good (i'm a pro but i don't use them often)
D) I have attempted once or twice at making a custom boss but failed miserably! (i'm a failure at making custom bosses)
E) I just haven't tried & don't intend to use custom bosses; frankly, they're not that important to me
F) I haven't tried yet, but i do find the idea of making custom bosses interesting

Crazy_Link
10-15-2003, 07:51 PM
I havent really tried but Ive tried tho (carelessly) and failed...

CJC
10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
I've done one custom boss in my whole ZC career, and he's really crummy. The player is stuck in one spot of the screen and has to pound him with their hammer until he dies. That's really the only attempt I've made, so I chose the bottom option (I'm really not sure how some people make those really intricate bosses, but I'd like to know.)

ShadowTiger
10-16-2003, 07:24 AM
I've made at least 3, but I just can't keep track of all of the screens necessary. I have to figure out a good system for which to do it. At least one of them will be in the style of the Stalfos Mini-boss from SD, and a couple will be like the eyeball boss from descendent.

Petoe
10-16-2003, 07:31 AM
I have done a lot of good custom bosses lately, and I always will try to make a custom boss rather than use an old boss form the enemy list. First I thought I could make all the bosses in my game custom, but because even one decent cb takes so much time and space, I use them only when there's need for it. I have done about 10 of them now.

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 09:28 AM
I can make some decent CBs, I've made 6 to this day, that are pretty decent, but nothing special.

Although, I don't regard them as something you need to make. They're just simple parlor tricks made with misc. items of ZQuest, that do nothing more than make a quest look more interesting to veterans.

Victim
10-16-2003, 06:52 PM
Huh? You can make custom bosses now? Do you need the beta version? Sorry, I haven't checked out new ZC stuff for a while so I'm behind the times. Sounds very interesting though. I never really like some of the bosses in ZC, so being able to make my own is an appealing idea.

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Custom bosses are like I said, parlor tricks done with the numerous tools in ZQuest, like dungeon boss enemy flags, layers, and such. You don't need a beta version to make one.

I suggest you only make a custom boss if your quest needs it, or that the other bosses aren't balanced enough for your quest.

idontknow
10-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Blonde, you said you've made "6 to this day"--where can i find some of these--i'd like to play your custom bosses--do you have any quests out right now that feature custom bosses?

Blonde799
10-16-2003, 10:14 PM
Sorry, but no. You can find some of the tiles for them however, in the Wandering Evil tileset at Pure ZC.

PrinceMSC
10-20-2003, 11:45 PM
I've made two sample CBs both using different design methods. Time consuming they might be, if you animate the boss correctly its well worth having one in your quest.