PDA

View Full Version : NES on the Dreamcast

Axel
10-15-2003, 02:27 PM
http://nesterdc.emulation64.com
I thought this was worth bringing to the attention of anyone who cared. The site hasn't been updated in 2 years, and I wasted the better part of the morning trying to burn this thing to no avail. But I don't doubt that someone here will find this interesting and be able to use it. Just tell me what you did when you do.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't this be deleted? I thought it goes against the rules.

Fiyerstorm
10-15-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dr4g0n0FCh40s
Wouldn't this be deleted? I thought it goes against the rules.

It's okay to discuss emulation and emulators...you just can't link to any pages related that contains illegal ROMs...Zophar.net is an example of a site that is allowed to be linked but not something like ________.___:blah:

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Ya but I clicked the link and I thought I saw a emu :-\. Oh well just a question.

Vagla
10-15-2003, 06:45 PM
Well, considering it's a site for an emulator, you likely did see an emu. ;)

Linking to emulators is fine, since they are legal, whereas linking to ROMs is not fine because they're illegal (downloading ROMs is illegal in any and all cases, despite what ROM sites may say about owning the actual cart or the 24 hour rule, though it is possible to have a legal ROM by dumping it yourself and using it within the terms of archival purposes).

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Oh I see... I thought the thing under the forum disciption said roms and emus. Nvm than.

njptoo86
10-15-2003, 07:32 PM
go to www.dcemulation.com it has ton's of dreamcast emu's like dreamsnes ive yet to get one to work but it might just be my computer
p.s im not 100% sure that they dont have roms

MottZilla
10-16-2003, 12:42 AM
NesterDC for Dreamcast is GREAT! It may be hard to get it burned at first but thats what dcemulation.com is for.

Daarkseid
10-16-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Dr4g0n0FCh40s
Oh I see... I thought the thing under the forum disciption said roms and emus. Nvm than.

from the warning announcement

You can:
Discuss roms, emulators, and other like things.

Distribute and post links to emulators.

Discuss, distribute, and post links to 3rd-party programs that are not copyrighted and do not contain copyrighted material.

Unless the emulator itself isn't freeware, which the vast majority of emus are, its distribution is perfectly fine here.