PDA

View Full Version : So, What’s New?

carrot red
10-13-2003, 04:15 PM
THREAD TITLE: Marriage?

BODY: Do you ever feel like getting married? And if you do, what are your reactions?

I just feel like getting maried when dad sometimes points out that Starkist is far better than the *bad boys* I seem to dig, but most of the time I just let it go…

END OF THREAD

:rofl:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cx/uc/20031013/ga/ga031013l.gif

How about a conversation starter now?

For those who have something interesting to copy/paste of course.; )

J.J. Maxx
10-13-2003, 04:20 PM
:evil: My thoughts exactly.

Mitsukara
10-13-2003, 04:23 PM
http://www.benowhere.com/graphics/80swedding_1_med.jpg
LESBIANS!

What? At least I copied and pasted the picture...

Carrot! You must wed Starkist immediately! You must bear him 4 children* by the night of August 23rd, 2004, and they must do battle with the dread forces of HAKRIDGRURTS THE DREADED on the night of September 34th, 2009; for if they are not born early enough to engage in this battle, there will be no hope for defeating him, and we will all be destroyed! DESTROYED!!!!

fatcatfan
10-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Do you ever feel like getting married?I barely made it through the ceremony the first time. Once is plenty for me thanks :tongue:
How about a conversation starter now?Okay, I'll ask you what I asked this morning.

What do you think would be the ideal guy for you?
Now, you aren't likely to meet the ideal guy, but what are the qualities you want?
What do you imagine the two of you doing together?
How will you spend your time together?
These are the things that make a long term committed relationship enjoyable.

What do you want to do with your life?
What goals do you want to reach, and what part does 'your guy' have in that?

J.J. Maxx
10-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Oh and what vegetable are you... can't forget that one! :heart:

Fiyerstorm
10-13-2003, 04:39 PM
I have the bad habit of getting intoxicated at wedding receptions so I am definately not ready for marriage.:heart:

cyberkiller6276
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
I have the bad habit of getting intoxicated at wedding receptions so I am definately not ready for marriage.:heart:

I haven't had the pleasure of becoming intoxicated or going to a wedding. If I have, I probably would'nt want remember it.

Tygore
10-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
Do you ever feel like getting married?

Depends. Was that question hypothetical?

Blonde799
10-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Do you ever feel like getting married?
Oh yeah! Marriage is so cool! You get to do it, and have cake, and spend ridiculous amounts of money, and spend time alone, and you get to do it, and you spend every day of your life with the person, and you get to argue, and you get to deal with your spouse cheating on you, and you get to kill the other guy she was cheating with, and you get to do it, and you get to have kids, and you get to see your kids have kids, and then you get to run after your kids after your kids step on your feet and you're in your wheelchair and you're too slow to catch up with them, and you get to see your kids get married! Oh, and did I mention that you get to DO IT?:laughing:

inori
10-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Married? Bleh. Then I'd have far less disposable income.

Ich
10-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Women must have come up with marriage. "You mean I can only have sex with one person for the rest of my life, and if it doesn't work out you get to keep all my stuff? Great Idea!"

TheGeepster
10-14-2003, 01:00 PM
What? You mean Starkist beat me to carrot red? NOOOOOOO!!

Ich, you forget that the idea behind divorce probably took some time to develop after marriage. :)

Seriously, though. I do want to be married and sometime soon. I would like to have children (no specific number in mind yet) and raise them up in the best way I can, with the aid of a very capable and special woman who will act as my advisor in all matters. I want to occasionally spend time alone with my wife, relaxing, reflecting on our lives and how we can get the most out of it, holding each other quietly and stuff like that. I want to sometimes go out and do more active things together, sometimes including the children, so that I can see my wife and kids enjoy each other and forget the troubles we have have day to day.

But I'm certain God won't arrange my marriage until I am ready for the huge responsibility that is entailed in it, and I am mature enough to be able to handle the difficulties which naturally accompany any marriage without running out.

deathbyhokie
10-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by inori
Married? Bleh. Then I'd have far less disposable income.

and someone else telling you how to spend it.

seriously, most of my good friends are now engaged. and frankly, i hate them all for it. and the marriages start next spring. i, however, have given assorted people permission to beat the crap out of me if i'm married in the next year, and i don't really plan to be married for several more years

Blonde799
10-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
What? You mean Starkist beat me to carrot red? NOOOOOOO!!
*pats back*
There there Geep. You'll get 'em next time.:)

I wouldn't care if my wife advised me on how to spend my money. Heck, I welcome second opinions. Although if that occured, I'll have to advise her on how to become a better lover in bed, and something tells me she wouldn't want that.;)

TheGeepster
10-14-2003, 01:40 PM
I hear money issues are one of the greatest problems in marriages.

This is my opinion on the matter. When you're single, you're not accountable to anyone but bill collectors for where your money goes. That all changes when you get married. At first, you're responsible to your wife, just as she is responsible to you. At some point after that, you both become responsible to the children.

What this means is that the two have to come together and figure what financial goals they ought to have, and what they can afford beyond meeting those goals. Then each partner has the responsibility to consider each purchase they desire (How needed is it? Will it fit? Will it cause problems? How will the purchase affect finances?) before acting on it. Even better, they can go to the spouse, and bring up the desired purchase, and have a discussion on whether or not to go through with it, or perhaps seek an alternative. And of course, the spouse will put themselves in the others shoes, as opposed to automatically slapping down any ideas which aren't their own. For instance, the husband might agree to the purchase of yet another dress, because he realizes that it's important for his wife to feel beautiful.

All that sounds very good, but it takes a lot of effort the grace of God in order to maintain. We do tend to put ourselves before others, and a good marriage requires just the opposite.