PDA

View Full Version : Hearts

mamabear
10-13-2003, 01:00 PM
This is really an embarassing "idiot" question but I'm getting really frustrated. I finally managed to download the game and I cannot find all the stupid hearts in the first level! I feel like I've burned every blasted bush, etc. twenty times but I can't find but 10 hearts. I'm stuck because I can't get the magic sword until I have all twelve. If it's a "secret", could someone please give me a hint? Please, please, please! I've looked through all the walkthroughs on the site and still can't find them.

Dark Nation
10-13-2003, 02:06 PM
Well, you start with 3. Each normal dungeon (not counting Ganon's dungeon) has one, so that would be 11. How many levels have you beaten?

Are you talking about the 1st quest? If you go to gamefaqs.com, you can find walkthroughs and maps of Zelda 1 that should show you all of the heart containers.

mamabear
10-13-2003, 02:45 PM
Thanks for replying, Dark Nation. Yes, unfortunately I'm still in the First Quest! I was following a walkthrough "do u wanna know how to beat the first quest?" that I printed out a long time ago and the instructions there said to get the sword before going to Level 5. That's as far as I've gotten because I'm getting sidetracked trying to find the hearts so I can get the sword. I'll go to the site you recommended and check out the maps. Thanks for taking the time to reply to a "blatant beginner".