PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Subject

Tsukuru
10-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Do you ever pick up trash just lying around in the street?

Whenever I'm walking around the neighborhood I pick up some trash. After all it's where I live, so why shouldn't I keep it clean? It may also be because I'm a neat freak, and that I feel big just because I bent over and picked up a Coca Cola bottle.

One time while riding a train in Japan I picked up some trash and threw it into a garbage can at the next station. A lady saw me and after little bit of hurdling over language barriers, she thanked me. I felt like I broke the baka-na-gaijin American stereotype, then I asked for a picture with her and again was a fanny-pack, picture-taking tourist stereotype. :)

gameguy032
10-12-2003, 02:14 PM
There's not really much trash around here. Some of the people in the neighborhood are a different story though. Usually I'll just pick something up if there's trash in the yard, but that's about it.

At least you proved a stupid foreigner can be, well, not so stupid. And I did translate right, right? Too lazy to actually look them up...

Fiyerstorm
10-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I put people at gunpoint to put their trash in the proper place.

Ok maybe not.

But I do pick up like a can or bottle or crumbled up paper...not rotten apples or spoiled banana peels. :D

carrot red
10-12-2003, 04:48 PM
There's not much trash where I am either. It is a pretty clean neighborhood.

I don't litter, I frown at those who do, or just tell them they dropped something. But I hesitate to pick up things from the ground... you never know. *shrug*

linkofzelda1
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
What's the point? Nuclear winter (instigated by Bush, mind you) is right around the corner. :evil:

Maverick_Zero
10-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I pick up all these weird latex things with milk in one end, and then these weird cotton ball things that are covered with this red stuff. I see them all the time. I don't get who keeps dropping them, but I keep picking them up and putting em' in the trash.

cyberkiller6276
10-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
Yeah, I pick up all these weird latex things with milk in one end, and then these weird cotton ball things that are covered with this red stuff. I see them all the time. I don't get who keeps dropping them, but I keep picking them up and putting em' in the trash.
EWWW....

Yeah, I pick up the occasional stray newspaper and soda can, but thats about it...

Mitsukara
10-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Well, I suppose that's always a good habit... I don't do it very much because I barely go outside most of the time. That, and I often don't think of picking it up; I see it, but I don't even think about it. If it occurs to me and I can think of a good way to get rid of it, I might throw stuff away, especially stuff like coke bottles and plastic bags... but in order to do that, I have to actually find some, and conciously notice it, so...

At least I try not to litter myself, I guess:P

No offense meant, and I know it was sort of a joke, but that's a pretty dark outlook, isn't it, linkofzelda1? *shrug*

linkofzelda1
10-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Heheh. Yeah, it was a joke :P

Raichu86
10-14-2003, 02:05 PM
I don't. We can just leave that to the state. Every now and then you'll see dudes picking up trash upside the road. Their crew can do it with a lot more efficiency than I can alone. :shrug: