PDA

View Full Version : Where's Lizardman?

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 10:39 PM
In Soul Calibur II, in mission battle, I have almost all the weapons for everybody, I have Berserker and Assasin, I have all but one mission to do in the Mission Battle mode, and yet, I don't have Lizardman. I remember him being a decent character in SC, yet I can't find him, where is he? Does something special need to be done? Or is it random how you get him? Also, is it possible to get Inferno, I know him and Charade are the same, but I'm just wondering.

Yoshiman
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
You get LizardMan by beating ALL of the Weapon Master Missions. At least that's what I got off of GameFAQs. BTW, I unlocked Beserker, but he's not on the character select screens. Help?

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 11:06 PM
He doesn't really have a story, neither does assasin, you can only use them in features that aren't mission battle or arcade. I think the same goes for Lizardman because they don't have a slot for him in the mission battle character select screen. You can use Berserker in Time Attack, or survival, but don't bother he sucks. Bring back Rock, I liked him more, better then Astaroth.

Thanks though. And geez that mission is really hard, 30 seconds isn't enough time to beat five people. :shrug:

Link 101
10-11-2003, 09:10 PM
I have no clue how to get him or Assasin. I had to take SCII back though. I only rented it. Oh and BTW, you can only use those three extra characters in the extras, like Extra Arcade and Extra vs. Mode.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Assasin, I got by just fighting alot in Mission Battle, and I got him eventually. And I already said you can't use assasin or berserker in arcade or mission battle. I think it's because they're not one person. I mean, it's just a random person behind their masks. There are several of them, that's why you keep running into them in mission battle.

Link 101
10-11-2003, 09:30 PM
No, you can use them in EXTRA Arcade. The one where you can use acquired weapons. You can use them there. And that is it. All of the EXTRA Modes. Like Extra survival and junk.

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2003, 10:44 PM
No, you can't use them in Extra Arcade, I just checked. You can use them in Time Attack, Survival, Versus, Team Battle, and all the extra formats of those modes. That's it.

Link 101
10-12-2003, 08:06 PM
Hmmmm, I could use them in Extra Arcade. Weird. Oh well, maybe we have different games? It doesn't seem possible.

Kairyu
10-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Complete all missions, both blue and red levels.
Increase your levels untill... 72, I think... basically, until the word "Edgemaster" is somewhere in your title.
Then recomplete Merope Monastary (You can do this on easy, I THINK...).

If you've done all this, four more missions will open up, against four characters with the title, "Edgemaster." If memory serves me right, they're Voldo, Taki, someone I forget, and Sophitia on normal, and it varies on hard. All four battles have highly unusual conditions on both difficulty levels, but compared to Hard-level Merope Monastary or that Library where you fight 7-9 characters in a row, their health automatically regenerates, you don't get full recoveries, and several characters are armed with their best weapons.....

If you've gotten this far, you should seriously have one heck of an easy time finishing up. Complete all missions on both levels. Lizardman should be yours.

Link 101
10-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Man, I want to buy this game. I haven't played it in a while, and now I really want to play it again. Christmas is around the corner though.

Maverick_Zero
10-13-2003, 09:35 PM
The Library was fairly easy. The monastery is the only level I have trouble with. It's not so much the time limit, or the number of people I have to fight. Taki, blocks nearly every attack I throw at her, my only hope is to do a ring out with Nightmare, The Soul Edge Complete gets me killed to quick, and the soul Calibur's too weak. I'm stuck, I'm gonna try it with Voldo, even though I don't like using him, he sees good to use in this situation.

Blonde799
10-13-2003, 09:51 PM
I found WM to be near a breeze. Maybe it's because I'm using Nightmare with Soul Edge(Growth).:p

Kairyu
10-14-2003, 02:48 PM
I use Talim with Soul Caliber.

But yes, Taki is an absolute ***** to fight. In that battle particularly, she blocks 99% of your attacks. It drives me frikkin' nuts.

Link 101
10-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Voldo is good for the situation you are in Maverick_Zero. He is strong. Use the Cat Claws if you have them.

Maverick_Zero
10-14-2003, 04:29 PM
I think I have almost all the weapons for everyone, except for a few of the joke weapons. (like the galley oar, the souveneir's gift, termite snack, etc)

EDIT: I found Lizardman. I beat the monastery and then the next 4 levels with Mitsurugi. I found a move Taki didn't block. Switch Mitsurugi's stance to when he puts his sword in his sheath, hit the left c-stick, if it hits her she goes down, hit the stick again right as she gets up, it's a loop. I finished so that I had 29 seconds for when I found Nightmare.

Link 101
10-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Yeah, one of those charge attacks? You can't block those at all. If you charge Link's bow all the way, the opponent block it.