PDA

View Full Version : What Happened?

Crackers
10-10-2003, 10:03 PM
I tried to get to the "old" Armageddongames.net and the link didn't work (I had it as one of my favorite places). I haven't been on for a week or so but don't remember anyone saying things were going to change. When I typed it in yesterday I got this Blue and Purple site. Are they the same sites?????:confused:

Blonde799
10-10-2003, 10:35 PM
You must've gotten to the main page. Yes, everything's the same. AGN has basically gotten an upgrade. A few things are missing though.

VEL
10-10-2003, 10:58 PM
--Moved to General Discussion--

Crackers
10-11-2003, 03:54 AM
:ooh: When did this happen? Lookin Good, like the colors.

Breaker
10-11-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by Crackers

...? It's the default vB theme and it looks terrible.

Daarkseid
10-11-2003, 05:54 AM
Yeah these colors suck.. I want the old classic black theme to return. That was the best colors for these forums, period.

Crazy_Link
10-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Indeed they do suck :sick:

I want Hyrule Night :cry:

MasterSwordUltima
10-11-2003, 03:28 PM
I want the Shattered Earth theme...it was a nice set of blue and white, mixed with the black background, much better than this seemingly bright purple.

cyberkiller6276
10-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Can you mods or Warlord just put the old themes up?

Plz! My eyes are killing me...

Crackers
10-11-2003, 10:31 PM
Your right, the colors are really bad! I thought someone had the power to change them so didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. Everyone makes mistakes!! So, is it possible to get the old ones back or something different than purple and blue? :thumbsdn:

linkofzelda1
10-11-2003, 10:42 PM
I must be the only one that used Final Fantasy...

:shrug:

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2003, 10:47 PM

Your right, the colors are really bad!

Changing you mind there buddy? :tongue:

Hyrule Night was the best theme, either that or Rose Restriction.

bigjoe
10-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Crazy_Link
Indeed they do suck :sick:

I want Hyrule Night :cry:

I want a blow job, but I aint getting that until 20 years after I reincarnate...

Several hundred more times...

:redface:

stormwatcheagle
10-12-2003, 01:51 AM
Man, I logged in and I was like, what the fuck? I've obiviously midded something. What happened? Did the forums get too big, or is this just a general update?

Mitsukara
10-12-2003, 02:45 AM
Yes, several board hacks seem to be down... not just themes (I personally like this color scheme, but I miss the Tenchi Muyo! theme, too... I hope they don't ditch that when whenever themes are reinstated, because I don't think many other people used it...), but also, it just lists the dates on all posts, rather than "today" or "yesterday" or "monday"... a member's post count is shown in their actual posts, not just in their member information page... and a variety of other things. It would appear that when War Lord updated the forums, he totally moved all of the post content/member information/personal settings over to the new version, or something... I don't know much about how Vb works, or anything, though.

I'm sure it'll all be fixed eventually... especially if SB is willing to spend a while doing so, though I can understand if he doesn't want to, it's probably pretty tedious and complicated... in any case, someone will get to it eventually, I'm sure, and until then, things work nicely enough, and everyone's acconts and all of the posts (except the ones that have been pruned over time, of course) are intact, so I'm not complaining...

By the way, Crackers... it's good to be polite, but (just making a suggestion, though, not trying to boss you around or anything) in the future, you might be careful about not actually expressing an opinion that you don't actually hold just for the sake of it. I mean, being nice is one thing, and not offending people or getting in trouble is another thing, but it's not always a good thing to say you like something that you outright hate just to be nice... and in the case of a forum color scheme, who cares if you say you don't like the colors? As long as you don't word it really, really badly, or anything, it's fine to be honest in such a case. But that's just what I think, and it's not my place to say that something is "the right way" to do things, or anything... you should use your own judgement.

Crackers
10-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Yep, I did change my mind. At first the colors looked okay but after seeing them so much I decided they didn't.
Normally I don't say things I don't mean.... I happen to be very out spoken...it's just that so many of you are so smart about this stuff and contribute a lot to this site while I just use it and enjoy it. I don't feel that I have the right to say anything negative about what anyone does when I don't do anything. So I guess I said my nickles worth and with inflation it is worth about 2 cents!!

TheGeepster
10-12-2003, 02:42 PM
I'd like to say I don't mind the default theme too much. But I do look forward to having some of the old themes back, bacause they aren't so plain.

moocow
10-12-2003, 03:06 PM
*whine whine whine*
*bitch*
*cry*
*tear*

Get over the colors, jeez! Just be happy you have AGN at all. You ungrateful hogs. :o *giggles*
:)