PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Games

Guardian
10-10-2003, 01:43 PM
What movie/comic/whatever have you always wanted to see as a video game? Me?

Big Trouble in Little China! Either play as Jack Burton, Wang Chi, or Egg Shen and save Miao Yen from Lo Pan, or play as Thunder, Rain, or Lightning and destroy the Chang Sing resistance to allow your master, Lo Pan, to rule.

What would you like to see a game?

cyberkiller6276
10-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Honestly, I've always wanted to see Terr Brooks' books as video games (or movies) Because those books are second on my list of favorite books.

Another would be Cowboy Bebop as an FPS or Action/adventure. Also, Silence of the Lambs.

Kirby of Doom
10-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Most games based on movies suck. Star Wars Rogue Squadron is one of the exceptions. You'd think a Matrix VG would be at least decent, but Atari had to screw the whole thing up. :rolleyes:

Linkafier
10-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Have they made a Gundam (American) game? It'd be cool to design your own gundam and head to join armys and other great stuff. I know there are some Japanese games out there.

EDIT: Enter The Matrix was actually pretty cool (at least the ending part of it) don't you just love to jump off of the nearest building using focus?

cyberkiller6276
10-10-2003, 10:23 PM
Focus is the only reason I bought that game, just to use focus.

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 10:37 PM
Tremors I think would make a pretty cool game, killing different species of strange animals in your town, and dealing with those worm things.

A Reno 911 game, would rock. Just do it GTA style. You pick one of the police officer campaigns. Unfolding a story about some drug syndicate in Reno. And of course tracking Leonard Nimoy down, and not some Nimoy lookalike.

Aegis Runestone
10-11-2003, 12:35 AM
The Prydian Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander. That's what.

*Twang!* Darn harp strings.... ;)

Pablo
10-11-2003, 12:52 AM
I want to see a Punisher game. If ever there were a "Make me a game!" comic, Punisher would be it. Also, I think everyone wants a Matrix game that isn't filled with bugs.

This doesn't really fit in this thread, but I just had a really crazy idea and had to share it:
Take any shooting game, and build a paint-warehouse level for it. Think how cool itt would be to see the paint streaming out onto your character after a near miss. Also, the fact that it wouldn't be just another generic "warehouse" level would make it better than many out there.

TheGeepster
10-11-2003, 11:46 AM
They do have a couple of Gundam fighters in a style similar to Street Fighter.

I think that a 3D FPS version of Gundam would be cool though. Especially if you could design your own gundam machine from the varying components and weapons, and even design how the outside looks. Of course, there would be the pre-made gundams from different series recreated as accurately as possible.

njptoo86
10-11-2003, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pablo
[B]I want to see a Punisher game. If ever there were a "Make me a game!" comic, Punisher would be it. Also, I think everyone wants a Matrix game that isn't filled with bugs.

their is a punnisher game its for nintendo and its called the punnisher

Pablo
10-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by njptoo86
their is a punnisher game its for nintendo and its called the punnisher

For NES? Was it any good?

Dracula
10-11-2003, 01:20 PM
I'd like to see an RPG based on "The Eyes of the Dragon"... Or how about a Survival Horror based on "The Shining"... I'm a Stephen King fan, if you can't tell... :)

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I think that a 3D FPS version of Gundam would be cool though. Especially if you could design your own gundam machine from the varying components and weapons, and even design how the outside looks. Of course, there would be the pre-made gundams from different series recreated as accurately as possible.

They made alot of gundam games recently. Alot are kind of strategy based. There was one for the Dreamcast though, I have it, I like it alot. It's kind of short and easy, pretty good, although there isn't much cusomization with your mech, it's some RG model I think, not a real gundam.

As for the Punisher game, yeah, I like it. It's hard though. No continues, and people who get blown up with grenades, blown away with the ak, or get shot in the crotch with the pistol, still die with the exact same animation. The way it should be.

Blonde799
10-11-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Linkafier
Have they made a Gundam (American) game?
Gundam Battle Assault 1&2 for the PSX come to mind. They're fighting games, but the second has a lot of mobile suits from the various series shown in the US, like Burning Gundam and Tallgeese. The game is actually pretty fun if you like MS Gundam. There are also online games, but god knows we won't get them.:p

njptoo86
10-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
For NES? Was it any good?

it was ok its kinda wierd tho its a thirdperson shooter but you would be up against the screen and the badguys would be in the back ground and the kingpin is damn hard