PDA

View Full Version : Save Farscape

Starkist
10-10-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by jayelsee at SaveFarscape.com (http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15334)
Hey, this is just purely speculative, just for fun. Perfect_Tommy is only asking your opinion, in case you were offered the choice. We all know that a mini-series and a movie are only rumors at this point, just an unrealized reality. Sigh.

So let’s not go out of our minds, it’s just a poll, no need to go into meltdown over it. None of us in here have planned any really different destinations. The last thing any of us want is to cause self-inflicted wounds that result in fractures in this community. We all want the same thing, relativity speaking--MORE seasons of Farscape. That common goal is how this family ties together--this diverse, creative, quixotic, mental-as-anything community of mothers, fathers, daughters, suns and lovers. Any response we’ve seen in here is just a human reaction, because we all care so much. The ugly truth is that promises for another season were broken by skiffy, so while we’re waiting for the day to come when we can say, “Thank God it’s Farscape Friday, again”, it’s just fun to speculate about what would happen if there was a plan B, a movie or a mini-series. No need to be like a dog with two bones, either, why not both? Let’s just remember, we all want the same thing, and there are infinite possibilities.

I know there are times when we hit bottom, and feel like we’ve fallen into a constellation of doubt. I know we’ve all searched for that hidden memory to explain why the best show ever created was cancelled prematurely. Sometimes, we just have to accept that what happened was just bad timing, and remind one another to wait for the wheel to turn around again. I know it will, so don’t lose your nerve, keep on doing what you’re doing. Donate, sacrifice, write letters, recruit new fans, keep telling skiffy we won’t get fooled again, and say a little prayer for the resurrection of our show. Dream a little dream that one day soon, Brian, DK, Rockne, Ben et al will tell us they’ve got a secret! Picture, if you will, the press release from Henson telling us about their not-so-simple plan that got our show back! I truly believe that someday, they will work that old black magic and tell us we’re going back to the future, again.

Well, I’ve written much more than I intended when I started this--I’m losing time I should be spending doing something else. Just want to say how much I enjoy your company, and thanks for sharing!

Together, we can bring Farscape back on the air! :D (This was in response to a poll asking whether a movie or a mini-series would be better, by the way.)

TheGeepster
10-10-2003, 04:33 AM
Farscape was one of the few truly good shows on the air recently. I'm thinking about getting the Series DVDs at some point in time.

AlexMax
10-10-2003, 09:48 AM
I saw a trailor for Farscape on some of my Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD's. It actualy looked kinda cool, from what I saw.

After all, Breaker finally convinced me to get Xenosaga. And I like it. Who knows, I might even like Farscape, if I can manage to 'get into it'.

J.J. Maxx
10-10-2003, 10:02 AM
It's so much easier to get inot it when you can watch all the episodes in order and at your own pace. :thumbsup:

Yes, Farscape rocks and it needs to be saved. Or ressurected.

fatcatfan
10-10-2003, 01:27 PM
I lost count, did he get every episode's name in that passage?

Starkist
10-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Nah, the folks at the savefarscape.com forums only counted thirty. :)