PDA

View Full Version : movietickes.com = evil

Starkist
10-10-2003, 02:14 AM
Tickets for the Lord of the Rings marathon on Dec. 16 went on sale this morning at 10:00 am for the Seattle Cinerama. For the first 24 hours, the tickets would be available only through movietickets.com.

I checked their site constantly all morning, and the tickets were finally on sale at 4:00. :rolleyes: I don't own a credit card, so my mother was doing the actual ordering. She placed the order, only to find out it did not go through. She called customer service, had to wait forever to talk with a real person, and the person said that there were problems with the site, and they would take the tickets off sale until they fixed it.

An hour later, we tried again, only to find they were sold out. :angry: By then it was too late to order tickets from the Lloyd Center in Oregon, they were sold out as well. A website error, and now I can't go see the marathon. Might as well take it out of my signature?

Well maybe not. My cousin and I will do what we did last year: host a party. We'll invite all our friends and spend the afternoon watching the extended edition DVDs, and then go see the midnight premiere.

Still, it would have been fun.

linkofzelda1
10-10-2003, 02:17 AM
Ouch man. I hadn't even heard that they were going online. Welcome to the club :D

Pablo
10-10-2003, 02:28 AM
There goes my chance to see the thing :rolleyes:

Oh well. It's not like I really planned to see it. More of a pipe dream than anything.

And by the way, all movie-ticket sites suck. Except fandango.com. And that's just because 'fandango' is so darn fun to say :D

Fiyerstorm
10-10-2003, 05:37 PM
sux2b.u

There's one in Shreveport over here and it's probably available but I don't think I'll do it. My oldest sister would. (She's obsessed with LotR!)

Breaker
10-10-2003, 05:45 PM
I've ordered my tickets. 25 dollars! Geez.

cyberkiller6276
10-10-2003, 05:46 PM
I wouln't have been able to go anyway. I have school those days..:rolleyes:

TheGeepster
10-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Didn't you have rough luck trying to get premiere tickets to "Pirates of the Carribean" a while back, Starkist? My guess is that the movie companies don't like you..

carrot red
10-10-2003, 07:04 PM
Well, at least you tried.

My cousin and I will do what we did last year: host a party. We'll invite all our friends and spend the afternoon watching the extended edition DVDs, and then go see the midnight premiere.
That sounds like fun.