PDA

View Full Version : Sarcastic Shock in Politics Dept.

TheGeepster
10-09-2003, 11:40 PM
I had heard this on the talk radio circuits, but I thought some of you would be interested.

Beside the nine current Democratic nominees, there is at least one other who might be running for the Democratic presidential nominee for 2004.

(You'll never guess who she is either...)

Here (http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?P00003392) is the official FEC disclosure filings.

Keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily mean she will run, but it does mean that she has given thought to running in 2004. It may also be possibile someone else filed this in her behalf.

Any thoughts on this?

zfreak2004
10-10-2003, 08:14 AM
If you ask me, she's waiting for a few things... She's waiting for all the other Democratic hopefuls to make fools out of themselves... and then she'll wait for the Presidential approval rating to drop below %50... Then she'll jump into the race and try to steal it all... Because you know if she runs at all, she'll get the Democratic nomination.

bigjoe
10-10-2003, 08:28 AM
It doesnt matter who gets the term, Emperor Schwarzenegger is due for 2008 :laughing:

slayer6896
10-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Schwarzenegger can't run for president. You must be an american born citizen and he is not.

bigjoe
10-10-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by slayer6896
Schwarzenegger can't run for president. You must be an american born citizen and he is not.

Thats why Orrin Hatch(I think?) proposed such an amendment that would eliminate the need.

TheGeepster
10-10-2003, 10:37 AM
Timing is quite quite key.

If Hillary runs in 2004 and gets defeated, then that'll hurt her chances in 2008 when there will be no incumbent.

If she decides not to run, and one of the other Democrats succeed, then she'll have to either face off against an incumbent Democratic president or wait until 2012..

Such is the conventional wisdom anyways.

But she says even now that she hasn't even looked into running for president, although she did mention one time how much she enjoyed being Pres-, I mean Senator from New York.

We shall see. For many of us, the question has long been when she was gonna run for President and not if.

Guardian
10-10-2003, 01:54 PM
If Mrs. Clinton can ignore a philandering husband instead of dealing with him, then how would anyone believe she'd deal with millions of Americans rather than ignoring them? That's all I'd like to know.

carrot red
10-10-2003, 07:52 PM
With the current crop of Democrats running, Hillary would make things interesting.
Its all gonna boil down to turnout for them. The Democratic candidate necessarily will have to capture moderate independants, however the key will be to galvanize their base and get them to the polls, I think she can do that.

TheGeepster
10-10-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm waiting for some ideas to come out of the Democratic camp. Most of what I've heard is whining without supplying details..

Name one economic policy the Democrats have to bringing the economy back. The only one I've heard is a repeal of the tax cuts, and that would undo what Bush has accomplished.

Still, with Hillary's popularity among liberals, she does worry me a bit. I don't think she can topple Bush, but if anyone does, shge's the most likely. And frankly, I don't trust her at all. We're supposed to be a capitalist nation and quite clearly, the liberal ideal is a model where everyone depends on the government, as opposed to the rugged determinism and can-do attitude that made this nation as great as it is today.

Eckels
10-10-2003, 08:49 PM
One of her campaign promises for her run for senate in NY, was that she would not run for president during her term as a senator. If she was to run she'd be violating that promise. I wouldn't vote for her.

TheGeepster
10-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh, but Bill Clinton has said that the people of New York would understand if she broke that promise, so its ok.