PDA

View Full Version : The Industry loses another...

cyberkiller6276
10-09-2003, 10:13 PM
LucasArts president, Simon jeffrey, quits for no apperent reason.

The full story: Here (http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6076612.html)

This is a sad day for me since I love KOTOR, and without Simon, It would have never happened.

AlexMax
10-10-2003, 03:27 AM
Maybe he realized that every game that LucasArts has ever put out by themselves has been underwhelming, and it took a third party (BioWare) in order to make a game worthy of Star Wars.

Just a thought...

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Maybe he realized that every game that LucasArts has ever put out by themselves has been underwhelming, and it took a third party (BioWare) in order to make a game worthy of Star Wars.

Just a thought...

All their Star Wars games yes, haven't been too good, except for Jedi Starfighter I liked that. But alot of their Adventure games I've liked alot. Except, they haven't released a decent adventure game since the third Monkey Island, which was like 6 years ago.

Grasshopper
10-10-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
All their Star Wars games yes, haven't been too good, except for Jedi Starfighter I liked that. But alot of their Adventure games I've liked alot. Except, they haven't released a decent adventure game since the third Monkey Island, which was like 6 years ago.

Of course they have. Back in Oct. 98. Remember Manny Calavera? Grim Fandago was awesome game.:drool:

Dart Zaidyer
10-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Perhaps LucasArts is suffering from George's own dangerous syndrome:

"profitability over quality".

Which is why they have to farm out development to other companies in order to make something decent.

Things just haven't been the same since 1998.