PDA

View Full Version : FCUK - YCUK, It SCUKS!

carrot red
10-09-2003, 08:36 PM
FCUK - Would you wear it???

Scent's racy name raises a real stink (http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/weird_news/6755853.htm)

The newest scent to hit the perfume market is called fcuk. Advertising execs get paid the big bucks to come up with clever campaigns but is this really all that clever? Sounds like they've gone with the lowest form of potty humour.

What do you think?

Yoshiman
10-09-2003, 08:49 PM
FCUK? That's a sort of weird name for a perfume. I think it was targeted at teens. Most everything is, nowadays. You've got cigarette ads with ladies in them. Everything is like this today.

"Smoke Marlboro and you can be a tough, rugged macho guy."

Sick.

Saffith
10-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Whoop-de-siht.
Gah, they didn't even mention the best part: the flyers that say "Open here to try FCUK Him" or "FCUK Her."

For the record, though, FCUK isn't the name of the perfume, it's the name of the company. (Well, its initials. Whatever.)

TheGeepster
10-09-2003, 08:52 PM
They must be desperate for names. Either that or they want to reach a very different audience that the normal audience for perfumes.

Quite tactless and tasteless. Almost like something which would show up in a bad MAD or SNL skit.

Come to think of it, there was one skit in MAD mimicking a children's show with a conducter and 3 regular cast members each with a letter representing their chosen value. (Understanding, Caring, and Kindness.) They had a special guest, Friend, and... well I'll leave the rest to you..

Pablo
10-09-2003, 08:53 PM
I'd wear it. Then I'd be able to tell people that yeah, I fcuk.

cyberkiller6276
10-09-2003, 09:04 PM
I love subliminal messaging. Only this one isn't as subtle...

Radium
10-09-2003, 09:51 PM
OH FCUK!

Ich
10-09-2003, 10:45 PM
I so came up with that. I registered a nick on a board once as "FCUK YUO!!!!1111" and after a couple of posts in Z64GLDese I was banned, but I think my influence lived on.

slothman
10-09-2003, 11:15 PM
I have to know. How do you pronounce that? As though it were spelled correctly? Or like "fsuck?" These companies now-a-days.

vegeta1215
10-10-2003, 02:24 AM
I think that's pretty fcuking funny :D

Starkist
10-10-2003, 03:45 AM
It's tasteless. While teen pregnancy, abortion, and STDs are a growing problem, this company markets its product directly at horny teens, trying to make a buck. Skank production in America seems to be at an all time high. :rolleyes:

theplustwo
10-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by carrot red
FCUK - Would you wear it???

Scent's racy name raises a real stink (http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/weird_news/6755853.htm)

The newest scent to hit the perfume market is called fcuk. Advertising execs get paid the big bucks to come up with clever campaigns but is this really all that clever? Sounds like they've gone with the lowest form of potty humour.

What do you think?

Potty Humour? Well the stuff is called toilet water, after all. :P

carrot red
10-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by theplustwo
Potty Humour? Well the stuff is called toilet water, after all. :P
:rofl:
Good one.

Pablo
10-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Heh. I'm currently in the middle of a trip in San Francisco, and I managed to find the French Connection UK store :p

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://imagespot.tripod.com/fcuk.jpg

The pic's a little big, but since I'm not good enough to Photoshop a pic like that, it proves that fcuk does exist ;)

goKi
10-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Ive seen adverts for FCUK in several places. Patricularly on T-Shirts, and a giant billboard in the centre of melbourne. The fact that it offends some people is laughable.

Maverick_Zero
10-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
Come to think of it, there was one skit in MAD mimicking a children's show with a conducter and 3 regular cast members each with a letter representing their chosen value. (Understanding, Caring, and Kindness.) They had a special guest, Friend, and... well I'll leave the rest to you..

I thought that was a SNL skit.

And I don't wear perfume. Although, everyone in my school will have it when the fad of wearing axe or bod goes away, they'll probably get this.

Cloral
10-12-2003, 01:14 PM
A friend of mine last year had a FCUK shirt that she would wear fairly often. So this is nothing new to me.

Master Ghaleon
10-12-2003, 01:28 PM
I saw shirts in Rhode Island 2 years ago with FCUK on them, near providence. I didnt see anyone actually were them though.