PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts 2 Trailer

Warlock
10-09-2003, 07:57 PM
http://www.war3.com/warlock/kh2trailer.zip
(file is about 27mb)

This game is gonna be sweet. The combat looks a lot better in this too.

cyberkiller6276
10-09-2003, 09:53 PM
OMFG, sweet. I'm already in love with the music...

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Whoa, I watched it full screen, it looks like Sora can use 2 keyblades. And Mickey's back? Awesome. I hope you end up fighting him.

Wow, this game looks really good.

And as for the music it sounds like an orchestral version of Simple and Clean.

Pablo
10-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Darn it. I still have to beat KH1.

*Pablo adds "beat Kingdom Hearts" to his to-do list, right underneath "beat FFX, damn you!"

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Oh, and hopefully there won't be any gummi ship stuff, that stuff really bothered me. And also, does it say anywhere an estimated time for the game? The last one was too short.

Warlock
10-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I did dislike the Gummi ship quite a bit. I felt a few of the worlds could have been better too (Tarzan for example was very dull). If they fix those problems I'll be happy.

Maverick_Zero
10-10-2003, 05:20 PM
I dunno, I thoguht Tarzan was kind of cool because of the "random" leopard attacks. Those gave you alot of exp, and fighting the leopard was pretty fun. But the world didn't have very many places to go to. I think either Agrabah, or Monstro were the most interesting. I think the worst was the Little Mermaid world, I hate water levels.

Also, near the end, I went back and in the Aladdin, and Peter Pan worlds, I could talk to Tink, or the Carpet, and they would lead me to this REALLY hard fight with these strange heartless that looked kind of like some of the versions of Death from Castlevania. I didn't beat either, did anyone else? Maybe I should buy KH one, just so I can level up and beat them, and Sephiroth.

Linkafier
10-11-2003, 12:09 AM
DANGIT! It's times like these that make me wish I had a PS2. Oh well, this games gonna' kick some butt....hopefully....

deathofspam
10-11-2003, 02:25 AM
I beat the colock tower boss. You have to be really good with your magic to defeat him. I have not beaten the desert heartless, but have come pretty close. Did anyone else notice that the monsters in the video didn't sport the heartless crest? I wonder what exactly the new enemies are

Warlock
10-11-2003, 04:11 AM
I beat everything in that game, including Sephiroth. I think I got my characters up to around level 80 or so (but I beat Seph. around 70 I think). If you level up enough, he's really not all that hard so long as you're a good player :D You just have to know his moves perfectly and be able to dodge them (if you can't dodge Sin Harvest Angel you're screwed though :D)

Maverick_Zero
10-11-2003, 05:41 PM
Sephiroth would be so much easier if you could summon Tinkerbell. They disable all the summons for all the boss fights, and arena fights. Kinda weird, I guess it makes it too easy maybe.

And there is an ultimate keyblade? I think I just used this black one I found after the second hollow bastion fight. Chaos I think it was called. Either that or I was using Lionheart, I dunno.

Warlock
10-13-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
And there is an ultimate keyblade? I think I just used this black one I found after the second hollow bastion fight. Chaos I think it was called. Either that or I was using Lionheart, I dunno.

Yeah, you have to synth. it. I believe the name was Oathkeeper, but that may be a different one.. I can't remember. It's a bitch to make tho. You need a LOT of materials, many of which are hard to find. Even with guides on where every material was, I spent a few hours just killing enemies over and over and over trying to get them to drop it :) heh.. Of course, I also picked the sword at the beginning which sucked for getting good items (doesn't get the Lucky something skill until a high level, which makes finding rare items easier).

I actually decided to start playing through again now.. never did beat it on expert. Right now I'm up to the Tarzan level (just beat Cerberus - amazingly easier than before.. although I was like level 16). Oh, and yeah, I am really starting to hate the Gummi Ship crap already. I need the damn warp gummy so I don't have to do the stupid levels every time I need to go somewhere. I'll have to see if I can remember what I hated about the Tarzan level.. I think it was just all the backtracking you did.. I mean, it seems like it was "Go to screen X. Now go to screen Y. One thing is different, so talk to someone and then go back to screen X. Now go to screen Z. Fight some guys.. Go back to Screen Y." etc etc.. it's just wandering around.. I seem to recall not many enemies too, at least until the end, which sucks. Part of the fun in that game is fighting like 20 guys at once :D That's what I love about the combat system, b/c you can do that. They can throw a ton of guys at you, and it works (although somehow the three-guy-combo of Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie always seem to kick my ass :D haha.. I did beat them once before I left Destiny Island this time.. but it took forever.. I seriously hate Wakka and his damn ranged attacks.. I think they'd be easy if he wasn't taking pot shots at me while I was trying to attack someone else..). Oh, and I should also mention that I think this is first time I freakin' beat Riku in that race at the beginning! I would always loose to him.. but I won this time (took awhile tho.. I seriously wish you could skip cutscenes!).. so yay, my Gummi Ship is the Excalibur instead of the Highwind :D haha.. not that I care, but it's a point of pride. Plus I got a Pretty Stone or something (don't remember what that does, but I think it's a synth item)

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-14-2003, 05:43 AM
The guys in cloaks... They look like the new bosses, I think the guy with red hair is one of em. He looks fimiliar I just can't really place him.

Maybe they are FF bad guys?

me2
10-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Ive beaten the whole game with all Mushroom Ranks, Every rare item, every single boss, Gummi Pieces, Keyblades, wands, shields, and leveled Sora up to level 96.

Phantom - Beated at level 54.
Boss in Agrabah - Beaten at level 63.
Sephoroth - Beaten at level 76.

Did I mention I beat the 100 Acre Woods? :D

EDIT: Warlock, the Oathkeeper is from either Neverland or Hollow Bastion. The last item is called "Ultimate Weapon". Doesn't sound so fancy, eh?

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-15-2003, 11:40 PM
I thought it was ultima weapon? Oh well.

Maverick_Zero
10-16-2003, 09:04 PM
I thought the Oathkeeper was the keyblade that the girl gave you, I can never remember her name. I always think it's Riku, but that's a boy's name in Kingdom Hearts, unlike FFX. Hopefully there will be more FF characters in this then the last one. And hopefully they can go in your party.

And as for the guy wrapped up in the read mummy suit thing. Yeah, he looks kinda like Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin, that may be wear you may recognize him from, if you watch kenshin that is.

Warlock
10-16-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Maverick_Zero
I thought the Oathkeeper was the keyblade that the girl gave you, I can never remember her name. I always think it's Riku, but that's a boy's name in Kingdom Hearts, unlike FFX. Hopefully there will be more FF characters in this then the last one. And hopefully they can go in your party.

And as for the guy wrapped up in the read mummy suit thing. Yeah, he looks kinda like Makoto Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin, that may be wear you may recognize him from, if you watch kenshin that is.

Yeah, it is. The one from Hollow Bastion is Oblivion (big black one).

And the guy wrapped up in red is supposively Ansem according to the text in that shot. Apparently someone translated it and the guy speaking to him calls him Ansem.

Tygore
10-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Mickey Mouse kicks butt.

This just may be my reason to buy a PS2.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
10-17-2003, 11:44 AM
I thought it was hilarious seeing mickey jump around like hes shinobi or something.