PDA

View Full Version : Storms of life...

Prrkitty
10-07-2003, 11:44 PM
A little girl walked to and from school daily. Though the weather that morning was questionable and clouds were forming, she made her daily trek to the elementary school.

As the afternoon progressed, the winds whipped up, along with thunder and lightning. The mother of the little girl felt concerned that her daughter would be frightened as she walked home from school and she herself feared that the electrical storm might harm her child. Following the roar of thunder, lightning, like a flaming sword, would cut through the sky.

Full of concern, the mother quickly got into her car and drove along the route to her child's school. As she did so, she saw her little girl walking along, but at each flash of lightning, the child would stop, look up and smile. Another and another were to follow quickly and with each the little girl would look at the streak of light and smile.

When the mother's car drew up beside the child she lowered the window and called to her, "What are you doing? Why do you keep stopping?"

The child answered, "I am trying to look pretty. God keeps taking my picture."

May God bless you today as you face the storms that come your way

C-Dawg
10-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Holy crap, that was the most neausating thing I've read (outside of the ZQuest Tips forum) in a loooong time. Do you draw little flowers and hearts in your crush diary, too?

-C

Tsukuru
10-08-2003, 12:09 AM
RAWR C-Dawg. A bit rough around the edges? You have your opinion, but you could be a little nicer about it. I did think the story was a little touchy feely for me, but hey - girls generally like that inspirational stuff.

carrot red
10-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Tsukuru
but hey - girls generally like that inspirational stuff.
Or not, Tsukuru, but that's just me. What do I know. *shrug*

Foxy
10-08-2003, 10:50 AM
While that story may have had better reception in Rock Bottom, it's not unsuitable to GD and I don't know why it's gotten such lame replies. This was a really cute story, and in my opinion we could always use a bit more *positive* stuff like this around here.

Thanks for sharing, kitty! Little kids say the neatest things like that, and it brightened my day to read this. :)

TheGeepster
10-08-2003, 11:40 AM
I liked it Prrkitty. Inspirational stuff may not be of much practical use sometimes, but it certainly can lift one's spirits.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2003, 12:10 PM
That was so cool! :kawaii: I love it when people have optimistic thoughts. I hope many others will adopt the policy. It can make the world so much.... weirder. ;) :laughing:

Clueless Blonde
10-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Foxy
While that story may have had better reception in Rock Bottom, it's not unsuitable to GD and I don't know why it's gotten such lame replies. This was a really cute story, and in my opinion we could always use a bit more *positive* stuff like this around here.

Thanks for sharing, kitty! Little kids say the neatest things like that, and it brightened my day to read this. :)

Amen, Sistah! :)

Prrkitty
10-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the positive attitudes about the jokes. And ultimately critics can be found everywhere. I can deal with both sides.

But y'all critics... are harsh!! <lol>

/me goes to find another joke :)

Dechipher
10-08-2003, 09:29 PM
I saw that coming a mile away, it wasn't set up for a joke, more for a God thing. Thats kinda sad wen you can tell the differenece by the first sentance.

Saffith
10-08-2003, 09:40 PM
How is that inspirational, exactly? Perhaps I'm just not very perceptive, but the only point I see in that story is that kids are ignorant, and religion doesn't help. I mean, sure, there's the "may God bless you" bit at the end, but it's pretty much unrelated to the story.
Seriously, help me out here.

AlexMax
10-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Cute story. But this reply just made my day.

Originally posted by C-Dawg
Holy crap, that was the most neausating thing I've read (outside of the ZQuest Tips forum) in a loooong time. Do you draw little flowers and hearts in your crush diary, too?

-C

ROFLMAO :D

Starkist
10-09-2003, 04:12 AM
I think it's sweet. Why is it inspirational? Because children are cute in their innocence, their naivete. Most people see lightning for what it is, yet the child sees it as the flashbulb of a heavenly camera. Must I spell it out for you wet blankets?

C-Dawg, go crawl back under that law-school rock of yours. :blah:

Fiyerstorm
10-09-2003, 06:42 AM
I liked the story, prrkitty....

and that's all that matters. :heart: :lmao: :heart:

ShadowTiger
10-09-2003, 08:01 AM
think it's sweet. Why is it inspirational? Because children are cute in their innocence, their naivete. Most people see lightning for what it is, yet the child sees it as the flashbulb of a heavenly camera. Must I spell it out for you wet blankets?

C-Dawg, go crawl back under that law-school rock of yours. :blah: It's that sort of thing that makes me happy that there are people like the former on the planet to appreciate such a thing.

I'de love to see that law school rock. It must be one nice rock to be associated with a law school. :rolleyes: Heh.

Prrkitty
10-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Dechy... it wasn't a joke... hence the reason I didn't add "Joke:" to the beginning of the subject. And I didn't mean to compare this to a joke when I said "/me trots off to find another joke". Sorry if I mislead in my verbage.

I've been trying to find a wide range of stuff to post here. I like this place. The wide range of opinons, attitudes, thoughts, feelings and emotions are very refreshing. No one is forced to agree with anyone else's point... but everyone's opinion is easily available.

Thanks y'all... even C-Dawg...

Prr :kitty: