PDA

View Full Version : Moogle sighting

TheGeepster
10-07-2003, 08:40 PM
I've been gone for well over 5 weeks now and perhaps some of you have wondered where I was.

I think I was distracted with a new shift and other things for about a month. Two weeks ago I went on a church mission trip to help with a church in Florionopolis... Santa Catarina... Brasil.

It was great fun expanding their worship area (by destroying existing walls and tiles, quite the opposite of "church building'). I also got to help with treaching sports one day, and spoke with an English class one night. Loved the shihaskarias or meat buffets, which are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

On the way back we stopped by Rio de Janeiro to see one of their local markets, The H Stern jewkelry store (very nice place, and very bizarre place to shop, since you had to have a card to tour it to begin with.)

We also got to see Sugarloaf Mountain and the Christ Statue, which is second in size only to the Statue of Liberty.

And we all made it back to Dallas Texas last Sunday.

By the way, our ladies did a bang-up jopb of visiting the locals in their homes, winning either 5 or 7 to Christ.

It is noteworthy that Brasil is predominately Catholic, although there is definite signs of mysticism and spiritualism here. (Also saw a couple Mormons along the wayside and learned a bit about Seventh Day Adventists.)

Jigglysaint
10-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Sounds like you had lots of fun. I hope that if I am ever called to go on a mission, I will have a great time too, but of course I would be gone for 2 years, so no progress reports till afterwards.

Linkafier
10-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Heh, I thought this thread would be about Final Fantasy. Sounds like a pretty tiring trip. Welcome back.

TheGeepster
10-07-2003, 09:31 PM
Despite the Shippou pic, my chosen avatar is that of a moogle. Hence the title. I DID get Final Fantasy Tactics, part of which resulted in my severe distraction.

And I did enjoy myself. You all hafta try destroying a wall with a sledgehammer, or timed pushes by which we took down 3/4 of the long wall at one time. (It was weakened already to be fair.)

All that because the small protestant church was growing so quickly under the guidance of God, and a wonderful Brazilian man who pastors.

(Our pastor had lived in Brazil for many years and was aware that you can't trust many Brazilians with any large sum of money, but this guy was an exception, and truly a godly man.)

KJAZZ
10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Your topic title is misleading. I actually thought you saw a Moogle, or someone made a Moogle costume or something. You disapointed me. ;P

carrot red
10-08-2003, 02:44 AM
Welcome back, Geepa. Yeah, we wondered where you were.: )

KJAZZ, he *was* GeepaMoogle and has had it in his sig for a long time. It was not misleading for me, I knew what to expect before clicking on the thread.

TheGeepster
10-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks Carrot. Still have the old name in the siggy as a matter of fact.