PDA

View Full Version : I dont think people blow themselves up,regardless of whether or not they are a Muslim

bigjoe
10-06-2003, 05:14 PM
We live in an age where games will be played at the heights of disgustingness in order to fuel support for war. Where false intelligence is used to justify invading countries in the Middle East, an area that should be respected in that it houses the ruins of the most ancient culture known to man.

What I find to be most appaling , is that day after day, we hear of people commiting suicide bombings. At first, I ,like you , was prone to believing that the people who commited the suicide bombings were deranged and thought that there was something to be earned from them.

But an interesting news article got me to thinking.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0930Blimp-ON.html

What happened, basically , was that a person wearing a bomb collar around his neck robbed a bank. BECAUSE HE HAD NO OTHER CHOICE.

He was called to do a pizza delivery, abducted, and had a bomb placed around his neck. Given instructions on how to remove the device, he followed orders, in order to spare his life.

Now, while this isnt exactly what I beleive to be the case in the Middle East, it brings up a point.

Such diabolical trickery can be used to make people obey others. Likewise, someone can be tricked into thinking that they are wearing communication devices and then detonated once they reach the proper position.

What makes the matter more interesting is that personal research into the lives of the supposed suicide bombers would find them SYMPATHETIC to the United Nations and/or United States?

Perhaps thinking that they were covert operators, they went into various places including busses and cafe's, instantly to be obliterated by the so-called surveillance equipment they were wearing.

Why else would there be a massive campaign in the Islamic Middle East urging people to refuse to wear surveillance equipment for the U.N. or U.S. ?(anyone who supports this campaign is automatically given the title "terrorist" because they oppose the United States' surveillance operations)

Give it some thought people. If I were a suicide enthusiast, the last way I'd want to die is from a painful explosion that rips me apart from every direction. Its fundamental human sense. NO PERSON, ISLAMIC OR NOT, WILL WANT TO BLOW THEMSELVES UP.

Yoshiman
10-06-2003, 05:24 PM
I've known about this for a while, considering I live right near where he bombed, which was near the Millcreek Mall in Erie, PA.

He was also carrying a cane gun that could fire one bullet. The collar that had the bomb attached had several locks to it. There were three (?) keyholes, and one tumbler (Like the ones you find on suitcases). The bomb killed the man, but it only killed him because the impact stopped his heart.

To me, this is old news. I didn't think it was too important, so I didn't post anything. The police are currently questioning suspects.

fatcatfan
10-06-2003, 07:10 PM
It's both sides. Some Muslims truly believe they will have an eternal reward for sacrificing themselves in that manner, and act upon that belief. The Japanese kamikaze pilots went on suicide runs to earn honor for their family. But as you suggest, there are likely Muslims who are coerced into suicide missions. "Carry this bomb in or we'll make you watch while we rape your daughters and castrate your sons." Things of that nature. But of course it is George Bush who is evil, like unto Hitler. :rolleyes:

AlexMax
10-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by fatcatfan
But of course it is George Bush who is evil, like unto Hitler. :rolleyes:

Nope. That dubious honor goes to John Ashcroft.

TheGeepster
10-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Golly gee, AlexMax. One would get the impression you didn't trust Mr. Ashcroft.

A popular opinion to be sure, and one with which I'm inclined to disagree. I'll look further into him before debating however.

I did hear about the pizza guy though. Quite a surprising story, which is a feat in this day and age. However, it's entirely distinct from the jihad/kamikaze-style concept of suicide combat.