PDA

View Full Version : SMILE! Super Metroid hackin' time!

Vagla
10-05-2003, 02:19 PM
http://www.dragoneyestudios.net/index.php?page=utilities&id=16

Considering that there's probably a noticeable amount of Super Metroid fans here, I thought I'd go ahead and mention the newest DES release, courtesy of Jathys: SMILE, a Super Metroid level editor.

Still in the works right now (that room switcher will use a map eventually, for example, and there still needs to be a bunch of features added like door editing, minimap editing, and item editing), but the GUI is pretty damn good and easy to use.

Anyway, enjoy. :)

cyberkiller6276
10-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Nice find Vagla!

I never really thought of editing levels in metroid :p

*downloads

Dart Zaidyer
10-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Finally, SMILE is here...

And it doesn't do what I've been waiting for it to do.

Sorry, I'll pass until it can change the automap, add and alter door pointers, and add new rooms. (Which is entirely possible due to the way Super Metroid's code is set up.)

mikeron
10-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Let the sadistic item placement begin.

Vagla
10-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Heh, you'll probably have to hold off on that for the time being; GUI was more of a focus for this release rather than features, but in the coming weeks there should be more features added (planned releases weekly); Jathys is a pretty fast worker when he sets his mind to it, though breaking his hand sure didn't help. ;)

KJAZZ
10-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Meh. I'm happy with Lunar Magic (SMW Editor). Anyway, this is good, another editor for people to use..

Aegis Runestone
10-09-2003, 11:14 PM
YES! I've been waiting forever for this!!! SWEET! Thanx! :D

slothman
10-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Ack, it doesn't say. What does it edit? ROMs for my emulator. Or games, ISO or whatever, for consoles I don't own?

Vagla
10-10-2003, 07:19 PM
It edits the Super Metroid ROM, which you can play in an emulator. There is no Super Metroid ISO, to the best of my knowledge. ;)

Oh, and there should be an update very soon, which should include some stuff for more easily editing slopes and whatnot. :)