PDA

View Full Version : Download Zelda

mamabear
10-05-2003, 11:14 AM
First of all, I realize that I'm missing something here after reading some of the threads. Please bear with me and just let me know if/where I can re-download Zelda Classic (stable version). I had it but lost it when my computer crashed. I thought it would be a "simple" thing to redownload it but evidently I was wrong. I have found a couple of sites (googling) that offer the download but I get the "open with" box after downloading the zip file and don't know what to use to open .nes files. The mirror site here isn't available (I'm getting the impression that there is some kind of problem but I'm not here at this forum often so I don't really know what's going on). I realize that I'm probably asking a question that's been covered here before but all I want to do is download the game again :cry:. If anyone could direct me to a mirror or a thread here, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Crazy_Link
10-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Try www.zeldaclassic.com It has 1.90 which is stable

mamabear
10-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Crazy_Link. I tried the link but I keep getting the good ole "page cannot be displayed" error message for www.soulfactory.com. I'll keep trying.

Edit: I downloaded 1.90 from PCWorld.com (with the little added bonus of an attempted browser hijack - no problem - I have Spywareguard and Ad-aware). Thanks again - sorry to bother you folks!

*b*
10-05-2003, 04:14 PM
here's another url for you, it has i.90, without the 'attempted browser hijacking' ;)

URL (http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/)

mamabear
10-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Thanks, *b* - I'll try your link. I'm not having very good luck today getting Zelda back! When I tried to start it after downloading it from the link I just mentioned, I got an error message - something about a problem with finding the first quest file or something. I don't remember having that problem the first time I downloaded this (a long time ago). It seems like the only thing I had to do was the setup the sound thingy. I saw the thread here clicky (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75795) with the same error message but after reading it, got the impression that the file referenced wasn't for version 1.90. I just uninstalled it. I'll try your link and cross my fingers.

Aaaack! I give up! I went to alphadawg's (sp?) page and the download link didn't direct me to a download.

I've always been kinda leery of beta versions of programs (beta = buggy?) but I'm getting desperate! Any comments on any other (beta) version I should try (that won't "crash" my computer)?

*b*
10-05-2003, 04:29 PM
yeah, AlphaDawg's site almost always comes through in a pinch :D

mamabear
10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Just to put "closure" here...
I went back and redownloaded from PCworld.com. It turns out that the error message concerning the quest was solved by going to "esc", "misc", and putting the files into the correct place (C:zelda). They were in "E" drive by default :eek: . Too bad it took me all day to figure it out! :cry: Thanks again for your help.